Feedback

OOC Discussions around real life or whatever, really.
Jerry David
Site Admin

Re: Feedback

Post by Jerry David »

We aren’t, Pedro.
Legend

Post by Legend »

I get it - I am in the minority here and like to punish myself for writing and reading matches. :)

I do not think the shows are unreadable, and I don't have an issue finding time to leave feedback, though. I would be curious about those having trouble finding time to leave feedback.

Is it due to the size of the shows?

Do you read the matches?
Handle: "The Legend" Sean Darring & Prime Time Athletes
Alex Reyn

Post by Alex Reyn »

Again. I am not saying that wrestling should be the only thing on the show. Nor am I saying all segments should be. "Grr! I wanna beat you up!"

Think of it like Lucha Underground. It was a show that had short segments that rarely went over 3 minutes (roughly 500 words in a word count) and focused on the wrestling as it's centrepiece.

Yet within those 3 minute cinematic segments, it created not only a wrestling show, but an entire fictional WORLD, complete with it's own history, mythology, ancient conspiracies, characters who had lives and pasts outside of the wrestling ring. You had a war veteran dealing with his PTSD, a police investigation on a mobster, a woman looking for the man who killed her father, a supernatural conspiracy of Gods and genuinely, one of the most well written, three dimensional villains in wrestling.

All told in a wrestling show that had short segments and treated wrestling as the focus.

If they can do it, there's no reason we can't.
THEHopper

Post by THEHopper »

I agree with Pedro that this has veered away from feedback and into something else

However, I remember what Keegan told me when he was discussing Global before it opened.....that it was a wrestling league doing a TV show. The presentation was like a TV show and not like Raw or Nitro back in the day.

This means the way stories are told will be different from what we are used to in ways that some of us have never tried to tell them before.