Domination 4 Feedback

Please post all your feedback for the shows here
pdbnb

Re: Domination 4 Feedback

Post by pdbnb »

@Keeg I don't think that was Shae's point, I think he just felt the segments stole the show, since 3 out of 5 of the matches on the show were short and/or squashy.

@Shae as the writer of Bianca/Principe, I definitely had Principe as the de facto face, and made a point of having Bianca cheat all over the place to drive that home.

Also, I loved the spot where you stopped to check two segments against one another...and then drew the WRONG conclusion xD Yes, the girls giving The Man Who Fell to Earth grief ARE the new tag team - they also appear telling Bianca to stick it at the start of her match. A little Easter egg I hid throughout the show to see if anybody picked up on it.

Also, The Man does get named - on the very last line of his second segment, he tells the receptionist his name. And yes, Max Hopper was definitely involved with this person - until he sadly went missing, presumed dead, after the ship crash-landed on Earth - which you would KNOW if you had read D3 xD

Excellent review, though - thanks for the effort!
Legend

Post by Legend »

Keegan wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:06 am Do we want to have a limit on segments?

Did the show feel too segment-heavy?
My two cents, I think it's apparent segments in GLOBAL outweigh matches here. But, without growing the shows, I am unsure how to add more matches or make them longer. I don't feel there are too many segments. You want people to participate, after all.

I have never been much of a fan of word counts.
Handle: "The Legend" Sean Darring & Prime Time Athletes
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

@Pedro, I asked it off the back of a phone conversation with Shae today, not only the feedback.
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Brian, I happen to agree for the most part.
E Z Rah

Post by E Z Rah »

I think we have the right amount of segments. This last show I think we’re already seeing a lot of people editing their work down to get their points across without an excess of needless dialogue of exposition.

I tend to skim matches (Sorry!) as well but always read through the rest so I always appreciate a segment heavy show.
Legend

Post by Legend »

For those of you (I know there is a handful) that don't read matches. Why is that? I am curious. Is it a time thing? Is it an interest thing?

Do you skip through action/battle scenes in movies and watch the drama around them? I am curious since the purpose of the theory of an e-wrestling show is for the main part of the angles and show to be done in the actual ring with the wrestling matches.
Jerry David
Site Admin

Post by Jerry David »

Legend wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:57 am For those of you (I know there is a handful) that don't read matches. Why is that? I am curious. Is it a time thing? Is it an interest thing?

Do you skip through action/battle scenes in movies and watch the drama around them? I am curious since the purpose of the theory of an e-wrestling show is for the main part of the angles and show to be done in the actual ring with the wrestling matches.
I'm the same as Kyle. I don't really read them. That's because your opinion and my opinion on what the main part of the angles and show consist of differ. I prefer the segments. They drive the story forward, they're the interesting part (for me).

Also, I don't watch action films. Same reason really... the action bit I find boring.

To come back to your question Keegan, I don't think we can limit segments, because each angle needs as many segments as it needs to tell its story. If we've got 8 storylines going plus a fed-wide angle you're looking at a minimum of 10 segments per show based just on those numbers. But for example Kyle and I having a preference for segments, we're more likely to do 2 segments and 1 video package a show. If everyone did the same there you're looking at 27 segments per show... Quite a variance in the numbers of potentially required segments per show (between 10-27 per show), so I don't think you really can cap them.
E Z Rah

Post by E Z Rah »

Legend wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:57 am For those of you (I know there is a handful) that don't read matches. Why is that? I am curious. Is it a time thing? Is it an interest thing?

For me it's time constraints yeah, specially in the bigger shows. Skimming the matches I wouldn't be missing as much exposition than if I skimmed a segment. The same time constraints mean I frequently have to miss watching actual wrestling shows as well as I don't have 5 hours a week minimum to watch them all in their entirety so will just read the results.

If a match is getting particularly high amounts of praise in the feedback I will go back and read when I get chance.
Legend

Post by Legend »

Thanks, guys, for the response. No judgments here at all. I was just curious!