Domination 01 - GLOBAL Radio E01 - LIVE NOW! Streaming on YouTube

OOC Discussions around real life or whatever, really.
Jerry David
Site Admin

Domination 01 - GLOBAL Radio E01 - LIVE NOW! Streaming on YouTube

Post by Jerry David »

This week we cover...
- Domination 01
- The schedule for the next few weeks, which can now be found here also: viewtopic.php?p=202&sid=f8b593de43f2d7d ... 6d9c7#p202
- Keegans Gaff of the Week (A regular slot on the podcast discussing things we cocked up on, and what we learned)
- We answer YOUR questions!
- General Shithousery

LINK: https://youtu.be/Dk7AEqC4n7E
Legend

Re: Domination 01 - GLOBAL Radio E01 - LIVE NOW! Streaming on YouTube

Post by Legend »

Excellent, thanks for taking the time out to do this. Was a fun listen while I did chores around the house on a Sunday afternoon.

I appreciate your feedback, taking the time to answer our/my questions, and flat-out taking time out of your busy day for all of us.
Handle: "The Legend" Sean Darring & Prime Time Athletes
pdbnb

Post by pdbnb »

Good show overall but one point in particular I found myself disagreeing with.

When I was a fedhead, I definitely had a rough outline of the show ahead, and an idea of where segments would go based on:

a. match positioning (see THAT Best of British segment - that would NOT have happened if Keegan already knew he was putting it before their match, and stuck to it)
b. card positioning of the person
c. relevance of the segment, e.g. if a Main Eventer sent me a fluff segment, they would be put before (earlier) than an upper midcarder selling a match or storyline.

So all my shows would end up looking like this:

Intro
Opener
Segments from lower midcarders and rookies
Lower and midcard matches
Segments from midcarders
Midcard matches
Segments from upper midcarders and main eventers
Upper mid and Main Event matches

So, for instance...let's say I got segments from The Angel and the Jerk, Alfie Button and Sean Darring. There would be NO doubt in my mind that Angel and Saul were going way at the beginning of the card, Alfie somewhere in the middle, and Legend right before the two main matches in the card - unless Darring sent in a less relevant segment and Alfie a story'-driven one, in which case Button would leapfrog Legend.

I'm not saying this is the correct system (it worked for ME) but it was something I found myself thinking about while hearing the whole 'fedheads don't have time to plan the show ahead of time' talking point.

Otherwise, not much else I disagree with from the whole hour, so again - good job, fellas!
Jerry David
Site Admin

Post by Jerry David »

Here's the problem with what you said, Pedro.

We can't read what is at LEAST half a novel in the few hours we put the show together.

10-20 people have written their characters. Those characters are THEIR characters, not ours. The writer of that character knows what story they are telling on the show they are submitting for, and therefore they are best placed to tell us where to put their segments/matches, in the majority of cases.

If you think Keegan has the time, or the desire, to read an entire show whilst simultaneously putting it together, AND then placing things in an order he thinks is fitting, you're going to be waiting 2 weeks after a deadline for a show to be posted.

For me it's simple, and Keegan might disagree, but if you are writing your own angle, you know where you're going to want those segments and matches to go, certainly in relation to one another. And if you don't, then a game that requires imagination probably isn't the right kind of game for you.

But, I do appreciate your opinion on it, regardless of how different it is to mine. So thank you for the feedback! Interesting to hear different takes on the topic.

Cheers,
Sc00t
Legend

Post by Legend »

I'd personally be alright with a deadline, then a few days or whatever it took to digest, plan, and put the show together for the fedhead, but that is just me, and I don't want to speak for everyone. I am flexible and willing to try things.

I just know in the past, as a fedhead myself, I wanted to know what was being put on the show before I sent it.

There is not one right way to do things obviously.
Handle: "The Legend" Sean Darring & Prime Time Athletes
THEHopper

Post by THEHopper »

why is it put together on only a few hours?

Schedule accordingly and you have an entire day to read and put it together correctly. You may still miss something or have an odd placement, but there is NOTHING written in stone that a deadline has to be hours before a show goes live.

The real key here is reading. ;p