DOMINATION 01 - Feedback Thread

Please post all your feedback for the shows here
Keegan

Re: DOMINATION 01 - Feedback Thread

Post by Keegan »

Excellent feedback, Kyle, and I know you're not alone in that regard. Thanks very much for sharing. Great points.
Jerry David
Site Admin

Post by Jerry David »

E Z Rah wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:30 pm I want to preface this by saying when I finally got round to reading all the show I enjoyed it. Some really good segments, some great matches and I think the overall connected theme is really starting to come together.

My main issue personally, as an outsider with little to no information on anyone else before global, was quite how intimidating this first show was. A lot of handlers are writing like we should already know exactly who they are, who the people they hang around with are, their backgrounds etc. Whilst I normally don’t mind this and I’m happy to go back and forth between the show and bios to figure out what’s going on, there’s a lot of character introductions all in one big show so at times was a bit difficult to wrap my head around.

I’m sure this will become better over time when I start to learn more about the rest of the roster and background players, and I appreciated that there was a show zero as a way of introducing Global in general.
That’s such a good point. I just pretended i knew who some of them were but I feel the same watching AEW sometimes. Someone debuts and I’m supposed to know the guy so I just try to go with it lol. But a great point. Intros were very much “here’s a guy you know from this fed you also definitely know” and actually… not so much lol.

Thanks for the feedback!
THEHopper

Post by THEHopper »

Usually that means they aren't from our circle.

yes.....that is a response just for Scott to suck on
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

I was hoping so, given that shouldn't be unique to one circle, community or any other C-word you wish to use.
Jerry David
Site Admin

Post by Jerry David »

Keegan wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:36 am I was hoping so, given that shouldn't be unique to one circle, community or any other C-word you wish to use.
I've got a C word I'd like to use for Chris..!
Jerry David
Site Admin

Post by Jerry David »

The Star - I like these guys, they all strike me as being real pieces of shit, which I think is perfect for the corporate offices of GLOBAL based on pro wrestling and movie studios. Not really sure where this is going... Just seems to end.

The One - past tense. Like the character, though. Intrigued to hear more.

Big Dreams of Big Aug - A good old fashioned VIDEO PACKAGE. Does its job of introducing the audience to the character, which I think this show lacked (as discussed in this thread already).

Viral Comedy - segment of the night. Written by my best friend Kyle and proofed by some absolute Demi-God.

Kingdom Come - Opens with "a break between matches", despite being the 2nd of 3 segments and one commercial break before the next match. We need to watch this and the "after the commercial break" or "the scene cuts and commercials roll" type of thing. Great physical description to open. I struggled with the dialogue because I wanted them to be more quintessentially British, though. More Steven Regal, whereas they seemed a bit more American in their vocabulary. Maybe it's my imagination that needs a shake, though. But overall I enjoyed the segment and sets up a nice pair of heels in the tag division.

A Square Go, Aye - Not sure what the title means. A development territory is introduced, alongside a territory roster member who, rightly, gets a spattering of applause rather than a massive pop. Correct decision there. Colons used again before dialogue, and maybe a couple of line breaks missing, but nothing major to criticise.

Advertisement - Genius. A joy to read.

Getting Your Flowers - I don't like "welp." as a filler. Love the scene description on the entrance, though. Love the unwilling, but well paid Jason's introduction. Aleczander is an obnoxious manchunian prick, so I can really relate to this character on a very deep level. I love AND loathe him in equal measure. Leaving and coming back, leaving and coming back... Very original, and very funny. Loved this. Segment of the night so far.

Legends Never Die - Decent press conference leading into the main event later, but I think it could have been shorter than it turned out to be.

Prime Time Viewing - _This_ doesn't make stuff italic, please can we use the italic and bold options within Wordpress just for the sake of consistency? A solid segment putting two new faces in front of us and telling us what they're about, which is a good starting point. We also got to see Tobias make his debut and his personality comes across well.

From A to So Be It - More colons, but I won't mention them again: promise. A good segment setting something up between Amber Lee, who I assume is going to be the straight character, and Alfie Button, the absolute buffoon! Or will it be Darren that gets the wrath or Button?

Old School Vs New School - A good pretense for an angle, and a match well set up for next weeks show. Good stuff packed into a short segment. Perfect.

Blind Date - Script format dialogue. I kinda struggled with this segment, but that's mostly down to me struggling with Alfie Button, as a rule lol.

Advertisement - Written in the blood of mythological beasts. Cannot be beaten.

Nerves of Steel - Not sure this did much of anything really, unless Lucas Quinn is about to feud with Steel?

The X-Factor - I think we have seen a lot more of Alfie Button on this show than is strictly necessary, as I don't see him being one of the shows main attractions personally? Not that I don't like the character, but just because he seems a bit like the R-Truth of GLOBAL, so I don't anticipate him main eventing etc - happy to be told I'm wrong!

They Call Me The Fat Man - I've no idea who Akeem is. Not sure about breaking the 4th wall here with the enhancement talent mention. We've had quite a few heel segments on the show as well. We should check how many faces and heels we have I think.

More to follow.

Future shows, my feedback will be more summary style than this, but wanted to give everyone some individual feedback to kick things off.
Jerry David
Site Admin

Post by Jerry David »

And Here, I Eat You On The Food Chain - VIP & Ferrari are not as tight knit as you might imagine, and I look forward to seeing who actually comes out with the upper hand on this one. Surely, the boss, right?

The Final Countdown - I have no idea what any of these people look like, which if this was show 10 wouldn't be an issue, because I would have built an image up in my mind. Sadly, it's show 1. Maybe some more setting the scene in terms of what people look like in this one would be helpful, as there are several characters for me to imagine and not a lot to go on. Is LSD a character? He approached, I saw that, but had no bearing on the segment, so I was lost there too. A bit of a confusing segment for me and I'm not really sure what it was for, either. We already know Darring is about to meet a mysterious opponent, so I'm not sure why we needed this segment before the match. Something else could have been here promoting Darring like the video package we saw earlier in the show for Alecsander would have been more fitting?

The main event takes up almost half of the scroll bar because of the line breaks.

Summary: A decent first outing for us all, and I'm sure as angles progress and storylines get some depth to them we're in for several treats here. I'd suggest we focus collectively on introducing our characters better over the next few shows. Be sure to proofread before submitting, especially for tense and the use of the colon before dialogue, whether that's script format (which is incorrect) or just oddly within the text of a novel style segment. But additionally just for the odd typo. There actually weren't many typos in the show to be fair.

This concludes my feedback, which I believe there has been criticism thrown around for being "late". Just to remind everyone... 2 jobs, 2 kids with 4 hobbies, a fiancée, and broadly speaking, a life. If you'd like to criticize me, I've a thick skin - speak to me directly.
pdbnb

Post by pdbnb »

Sorry. That last line. I had to.
Seth

Post by Seth »

I wanted to say thank you all for the positive feedback thus far to Aleczander The Great. The idea started out as a joke more or less I'd thought of using for a show or two, but I think there can be some real legs with it. Sorry for my lack of feedback. been dealing with a sick household. the kiddos have returned to school today and work is slow so I'm gonna try and get what I can done. I won't be going blow by blow, but a lot of people worked hard. If I did miss anything, my apologies in advance.

--I loved the idea of the GLOBAL Tag Team Titles kicking things off, but I think someone else said it here that I think I would have liked some introduction to the teams (ie, maybe inset promo, quick video package for the characters, etc.) but the action was great. The overall gimmick of The Master Sisters as first champions has some legs and I'd like to see where this goes.

--Some of the introductions for Son of Malta and Christian Pierson were good. For SoM, I don't mind namedropping other feds that characters have been if it's to intro a character and establish a history they have (long as it's not a repeated thing every show) and his match with Gemini seemingly sets him up for bigger things. Pierson segment was cool, I laughed at the idea of a guy being bummed that there aren't as many fights on Black Friday, haha.

--I really liked the board meeting discussing people to build GLOBAL around. I could see this being a real conversation in wrestling.

--Really unique way to set up a feud between E Z Rah (fun douchy ring name) and Jerry David with E Z (bad name puns and all) and David razzing one another. I dug this and I want to see more. I'm curious who would be the "face" here, haha.

--I could get behind United Kingdom and seems like a group with some promise. I don't mind Davey-Boy O'Brien getting the relatively quick TV match win the way he did. If Fresca sponsors him, I hate him already. :D

--My overall take on commentary here: I'm in another fed that uses commentary, but I don't mind having it only to set up pre and post-match things to make the match shorter. I think that's the perfect way to use them if you don't do so on commentary or using them to introduce segments (ex, earlier today, etc).

--Some nice wins on the show for a few characters, Valorie Vitality over El Principe felt like a big one. Same with Amber Lee and Alfie Button. I know Darren has been his regular partner, but I feel like there could be something with the characters there.

--Crusader X intro threw me for a loop. I also echo the semtiments that the name might belie his personality (if that's by design, my bad since I believe we're all still figuring out everyone's folks).

--Liked the idea of Steve Dann. Not so crazy about insider terms on TV like "enhancement talent." I would have drummed it up by using "good hand" instead (which has been used on TV and I feel would be more acceptable). But I liked the idea here. I've loved VIP since nbW and I like him feeling like a top-level big deal right away. Good win to solidify him to start.

--Some heels have been pushed pretty well (VIP, Master Sisters, Davey-Boy, etc.) I definitely feel like that the heels outnumber the faces and hoping as we move along, some of the babyfaces start to break from the pack as well.

--Sorry if this seems like piling on, but add me to the list of people who says we do ABSOLUTELY NOT need that many spaces out on every match. Cripes, that was way too much. There was a great match and idea here with Daniel Dream giving Darring a run for his money before the vet pulled out the win. "Legend" Sean Darring was touted up well so I'm looking forward to seeing where both go from here.

Overall a decent first show. I'd give 7 out of 10. Understandably, everyone on your first show should be setting up introductions. Might have liked some video packages or maybe introductory segments for some others, but the feel of GLOBAL feels like the early days of NWA Powerrr (the promos and personalities being good not, the Tyrus-led shitshow it is now) on a bigger budget and I dig that. Lots of potential overall here and I'm excited to see where a lot of characters move forward as we move along.
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Thank you to everyone for leaving feedback, once again. Plenty to ponder moving forward, and you learn just as much/arguably more from the negatives than the positives, so I know I'm optimistic 2 will be better than 1.

Cheers for reading, taking the time to put your thoughts down and helping your fellow handlers, as well as me. I really, really do appreciate it, and I'm not one for 100 percent positive reinforcement all the time.