THE LAST LAUGH FEEDBACK

Please post all your feedback for the shows here
Keegan

THE LAST LAUGH FEEDBACK

Post by Keegan »

https://www.global-wrestling.com/2023/1 ... ast-laugh/

As always, any and all feedback is welcome, but if you're short on time, here are some prompts:

Match of the night:
Segment of the night:
Feud of the night:
Line of the night:

Thanks very much in advance.

My feedback for Domination 19 and The Last Laugh will go up when I return in January.

In the meantime...

Happy New Year.

Enjoy the show.
Jerry David
Site Admin

Re: THE LAST LAUGH FEEDBACK

Post by Jerry David »

This was my last show with GLOBAL.

I would just like to thank a few people. First of all, of course, myself. Because without me, none of this would have been possible. I couldn’t have done it without myself.

Secondly thanks to Keegan for dragging me back not just to efedding, but to writing, which has now become something of a passion of mine once more, and my time away from GLOBAL will be spent working on fiction for publication. He’s a nice bloke, and plenty of you take advantage of that fact. Knock it off, you sack of bastards.

Thanks to Kyle who I angled with in the first 3 arcs, mostly to check he wasn’t trying to poach handlers for his own fed (which he didn’t open). We have become real life friends through GLOBAL and even ate a meal together one winters evening in the WA4 postcode. Great friend, less great writer, better shagger.

And thanks to Brian for letting me write most of this arc. Ahem. Speedy recovery to you, mate. I’m just busting your balls.

The rest of you get no thanks. Goodbye.

It has been a pleasure. Best wishes to you all for the future.

Your Best Friend,
Scott
pdbnb

Post by pdbnb »

First of all, thanks for everything and good luck, Scott.

Now, for the feedback.

WHO WILL GET...? : The usual run-down. Disappointing to know Reyn will not be fighting Malta on this show - mainly for Malta's sake, as it was his chance at a PPV payday.

SAFE: I saw this segment beforehand, and it makes up for Blair not contributing to the previous show. We learn X is just as cunning as Truth, and in a much more dangerous and less obvious way.

MAKING AMENDS: Roxx are back, and appear ready to make amends for their humiliation last time.

LIVE: It's Doritos, therefore, it is weird for weird's sake and absolutely pointless. I guess Doritos Jesus needed to have his Nativity tale told.

LIKE AN AMERICAN HERO: A catch-all interview that might have been better suited for a regular show. In a way, this is the opposite of the Roxx segment, as they focus almost exclusively on selling the match, while Niko and Daniel barely broach it. At least we know where the Champions stand, and that Niko is whipped, while Daniel isn't, and actually gets to speak for himself, and even name the segment.

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: One of two matches where I had the tricky task of selling the losers' own progression. Hopefully, I've suceeded. To be fair, I'm pretty proud of the finish, which came to me as I was writing, but I thought it worked a treat.

A MATTER OF PERSPECTIVE: The best thing I have written in numerous shows. Hopefully, people enjoy reading it as much as I did creating it, and the emotion of the segment resonates with them.

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE: A hard-hitting hoss fight which, if anything, deserved to be quite a fair bit longer. If not for that, this could have been one of the great sleepers in GLOBAL history. As it is, a good match, which will probably not shine amidst the rest of the card, but which still more than warrants a passing grade. 3.5/5.

A MESSAGE TO THE RICH FAMILY: A good promo, which nonetheless leaves the feeling that we have already read it before. No new ground is trod, and allegiances are not likely to strengthen based on it. Perfectly up to Brian's usual standard, but by no means his best work.

PRIME TIME RICHES: Now THIS is more like it. A fantastic in-ring chapter in what has fast become one of the best rivalries in GLOBAL. This match musters up all the requisite emotion, and you can almost hear the fever pitch inside the arena. And then the foregone conclusion is not so foregone, as the feud is blatantly set up to continue for another arc - though I, for one, am not complaining. At all. 4/5.

EMBARRASSMENT OF RICHES: The rifts in the Rich family continue to grow. Interested to see where this goes.

ASSIGNMENT ORDERS: SIMPs gonna SIMP.

ANGEL SIMPS: My obligatory weekly cop-out. I was actually super-excited about writing this match, but found myself out of time, and having to cut corners. I do feel like the compromise worked in favour of the SIMP's arguments and agenda. Miranda Wright's gang becomes that little bit more credible. Fans are robbed of a potentially great match in the process, but hey ho. Swings and roundabouts. I do have one complaint: Miranda's awesome promo on the platform has been excluded from the segment. I do wish it had been kept in place.

ONE LAST MESSAGE: Darring on autopilot is still one of the best promos in the fed.

BUTTON VITALITY: Another excellent match, just a notch below the Riches and PTA. Fantastic hope spots for Alfie, and the right winner without being a foregone conclusion. 4/5.

THE FORCE AWAKENS: HERE it is. Apparently, it was misplaced. Anyway, the only reason this is a separate segment is because I couldn't let THAT TITLE go to waste, and since this is the actual moment, starting right now, of the genesis, of the GLOBAL Force, it only felt right to use it here. Anyway, MW cuts another killer promo, and her SIMPs get what they have wanted ever since forming: a real name. WHICH GETS DELETED FROM THE SEGMENT!! GRRRR!!

LAST MINUTE BRIEFING: Setting up some things for the upcoming match.

TRUTH CRUSADER: Hey, Shae...did I write myself out of that corner?

HAPPY NEW YEAR - AGAIN: I did wonder where Mack had gone... Good to see him emerge from the ether.

ACROSS THE MILES: ...a fed war? Interesting...

BRITISH MILITIA: The most Smackdown-ass match to ever Smackdown, intentionally put on a PPV as a commentary on 'nothing' matches made to look important because cards need filling up. To think Reyn and Malta got bumped for THIS... Also, poor Robinsons - still can't catch a break.

LOVE: ...is the last one going to be 'Laugh'?

WORLD TITLE: First off, I am disappointed there is no 'Laugh' segment to conclude the trilogy. It would have both been thematically perfect, and a good joke. As for the match itself, an INSANELY brutal affair, which, again, is a little on the short side for a Main Event (though justifiably this time, due to the brutality inflicted by both competitors) and which, like the match directly before it, is more personal than about a title - which explains why both contenders hold the Idiot Ball at least once when it comes to winning the match. The ending is also fitting, and, erm, RIP Jerry David, I guess? Congratulations, as ever, to our ever-reigning Champion, who looks more and more undefeatable by the week. Not the best match in GLOBAL (not even JD's best, let alone Darring's) but perfectly in line with the rest of the card. Oh, and the announcers taking a break after the entrances worked towards the breathless emotion of the match, too - though I doubt that was intentional... 4/5-

MATCH OF THE NIGHT: PTA and the Riches in an old-school heated, personal feud.
FEUD OF THE NIGHT: Miranda's SIMPs vs everyone, Truth vs X and David vs Darring.
SEGMENT OF THE NIGHT: Crusader X's message to Truth.
LINE OF THE NIGHT: The 'Valerie' reference during Alfie vs VV.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Not our best PPV, but certainly our most consistent quality-wise, and a fitting finale to Arc 1. The usual whiff of 'this could just be another show' is not present, for once, and all the feuds are heated enough to make up for the lack of segments. A perfectly dignified show all around, even if it doesn't beat Gold Rush (which, so far, nothing really has.) Shame about the cancelled match, as it actually seemed like it could be good, and would definitely elevate two players who could both have used the boost. Also, Seth, hurry up and bring the Dirty Greats back, dude! They are sorely missed.

PEDRO'S RATING: 8/10.
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Thanks very much for the feedback, Pedro.

Mine to follow in the next week or two.
pdbnb

THE LAST LAUGH - HECTOR'S FEEDBACK

Post by pdbnb »

Post edited as redundant now.
Last edited by pdbnb on Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Dream

Post by Daniel Dream »

Match of the night: Prime Time Athletes vs Rich Family

Segment of the night: Safe

Feud of the night: Alfie Button vs Valorie Vitality

Line of the night: "You may be the most deluded son of a bitch I’ve ever met. You think you’re a brave warrior fighting for freedom and truth. You think you’re a shining example of American values. You think you’re a great champion. But do you want to know your greatest delusion of all, cabrón?" X leans in. "You think you’re safe."

Who Will Have The Last Laugh?: Nicely sets up the upcoming matches.

Safe: Crusader X has always been good at promos but this show was the best time for his best promo.

Making Amends: Trouble Roxx feels confident in their game plan and their training in Japan.

Live: This promo is so great and it ends with DORITOS MAN! This guy is such a troll. Lmao.

Like An American Hero: This is Jeff and my segment. I missed a few capitalization mistakes which I apologize for. But re-reading this segment, I'm very happy with the work Jeff and I did. I like this is the most proud I've been with a segment upon re-reading. Although that might be because of I hadn't thought much about it during the holidays.

The Rutherford Guys vs Trouble Roxx: I knew the result but not HOW the result happens. I'm very impressed. I'm sure this will be setting up Trouble Roxx trying to get the championships back again very soon since they technically weren't pinned or submitted. Also once again shows how dangerous Nikolai is and makes Victim's End a very credible finisher.

A Matter of Perspective: Trouble Roxx got nothing to be sad about, they did great. And the segment title is very fitting.

Falls Court Anywhere - Darren Best vs Keegan: A nice hardcore match.

A Message To The Rich Family: The Prime Time Athletes are such good heels. Just a nice heelish promo, very fun read. As the Mark said "You almost have to admire just how good these guys are at getting people to dislike them."

Prime Time Athletes vs Rich Family: The teamwork and dirty moves of The Prime Time Athletes are fun to read. This match was a masterclass in the hot tag. This was a match of momentum and escalation. I love the finish with the trophy.

An Embarrassment of Riches - No, Just An Embarrassment: The Rich Family is breaking down.

Assignment Orders: A nice promo leading up to the next match.

6-on-6 Elimination Tag Team Match: S.I.M.P solidify themselves as a credible heel faction.

One Last Message For Jerry David: A nice short promo by Darring.

Alfie Button vs Valorie Vitality: A nice reminder that Valorie has the quickest victory in the history of GLOBAL. A nice back and forth. I could tell this fight was personal. And Valorie going for all her finishers when Alfie is clearly out of the match is a great finish.

The Force Awakens: A nice short promo and a nice Star Wars reference in the title.

Last Minute Briefing: A short segment with John J. Truth leading to the next match.

John J. Truth vs Crusader X: John J. Truth retaining by disqualification, I should have expected this. Good match.

Happy New Year - Again: A Happy News Year promo.

Across The Miles..: A nice short promo by Johnny Miles calling out Sean Darring.

Best of British vs Metal Militia: A nice back and forth match, a match of runs of offense. I haven't seen Best of British much but this match was really good. I liked the ending with Kerry getting involved.

Love: Another great Doritos Man segment. I'll admit, I think the idea of Doritos Man is silly, but he's brought his A material to Last Laugh.

Sean Darring vs Jerry David: This wasn't a match. This was a fight. A really good, bloody fight at that.