DOMINATION 14 - Feedback Thread

Please post all your feedback for the shows here
Keegan

DOMINATION 14 - Feedback Thread

Post by Keegan »

You know the drill.

Feedback thread for Domination 14.

As always, any and all feedback is welcome, but if you're short on time, here are some prompts:

Match of the night:
Segment of the night:
Feud of the night:
Line of the night:

Thanks very much in advance.
Daniel Dream

Re: DOMINATION 14 - Feedback Thread

Post by Daniel Dream »

Match of the night: Tough choice between Xiang vs Wrestletronic and Aleczander vs Big Aug but I like Wrestletronic's faster paced style so that's my choice.
Segment of the night: Fracture: I like seeing this heel turn taken with Valorie Vitality.
Feud of the night: Benedict Beel Zebub vs Sean Darring
Line of the night: "Saul Morgan is having difficulty dealing with Steve Dann’s girth."

Join, or Die (IV)

Joe Public and Steve Dann being terrorized by my new favorite character, Officer Wright.

Trouble Roxx have a nice opening promo for the show proper.

Trouble Roxx have trouble getting into the match at first but quickly pick up the pace in their advantage, but the Prime Time Athletes cause a double count out. Seems somewhat anticlimatic for an opening match.

Another Meet and Greet, I love this occassionally. Gives the shows a sense of realism. Xiang and The Great Wall set up a rematch between Wrestletronic and Xiang.

One Final Message: A nice reflective segment by Sean Darring.

Scriptwriters on Strike: My segment, I hope you all liked it.

Xiang vs Wrestletronic: Wrestletronic gets his first GLOBAL loss as Xiang gets a win to boost his credibility, albeit with interference by The Great Wall. We have a real feud setting up a match at GLORY

No Pressure, But: A nice segment that raises the stakes even further for Dream vs Darring.

Angel Corp vs Steven Dann and Flanagan: Angel Corp win. I like the unconventional tag team of Steven Dann and Flanagan.

I think it'll be interesting since Dream is also forming his own team, there's always the potential of the two teams encountering each other in the future.

Chett Marx vs Valorie Vitality: Valorie Vitality defeats Chett Marx in an impressive way, trying to impress Alex Reyn possibly. It seems likely for a Valorie Vitality heel turn.

Tag Team Aftermath: Another segment setting up another match at GLORY, makes sense, works well.

Join, Or Die (V): The Jester is as creepy and entertaining as ever.

Aleczander vs Big Aug: Big Aug continues to re-establish dominance in GLOBAl by defeating Aleczander The Great.

Best Angle: Valorie Vitality heel turn
pdbnb

Post by pdbnb »

JOIN OR DIE IV – More JD being held hostage by the Jester. Still effective, though Scott should be careful not to let it drag on too long before moving the story on.

WHIPPED INTO SHAPE – The start of something I am excited about. Hopefully people will like it as well.

YOU WANNA BE(AT) RICH – You don't got to be a bitch, apparently. Anyway, standard autopilot 'ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages' Trouble Roxx entrance segment.

ROXX VS RICH – I tried to make this match (what little there was of it) exciting enough that people would actually feel robbed of a resolution and want to see it again. I also tried to make it so no one looked stupid in the finish. Hopefully, I've succeeded.

MEET AND GREET – Character development, feud building, hype for the match...this one has it all. A master at work. I wish I could write confrontation segments this good.

ONE FINAL MESSAGE – And speaking of masters at work, here is the master of the promo, delivering another great one, in typical quiet-but-powerful style. We are rooting for you, Danny. WE ARE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!

SCRIPTWRITERS ON STRIKE – Good to see our A-listers bringing their A-game. Fantastic piece of writing from Hector here, which shows Daniel is taking this opportunity just as seriously as Darring. Not for the first time this arc, Danny appears on the verge of a babyface turn...could we see it in Season 2?

WRESTLETRONIC VS XIANG II: CRUISERWEIGHT BOOGALOO – Another great match, just a half a step below the first...and THAT is how you do a Dusty finish. I am hyped for the rubber match.

NO PRESSURE, BUT... - ...but Mick Jagger and David Bowie wrote a song about your situation right now, G.

ANGEL CORPS VS THE FAT DRUNKS – This one ran away from me in the best way, turning from a quick squash to a low-key sleeper. Hopefully people like it as much as I did writing it.

DOS – TNT lives!

VALORIE VS CHET – Chet lasted longer than expected. Valorie continues to circle the drain of heelness. The plot thickens.

TAG TEAM AFTERMATH – Good to see Brian managed to turn this one in on time. Just a little setup segment for the match at Glory.

FRACTURE – Yup. There sure is one. Also...wow. Reyn kind of has a point. Anyway. Onwards to the match, where hopefully, Val will see some sense...

JOIN OR DIE V – Forget JD's ordeal – I'm interested in what Jester's connection to Doritos Man is. Do they know each other from Doritos' time-travelling capers?

ALECZ VS AUG: Big beefy peeps smacking beef indeed. Another great match, with a genuinely shocking and impressive moment (Alecz going Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania III) and another good setup for a PPV match. RIP Rupert and Nigel. I am SUPER HYPED for these two as a tag team – but you already knew that.

CONTRACT SIGNING - ...holy shit, a contract signing that actually ends with a contract being signed? Nobody gets attacked? No fights break out? Again, by the end, this almost feels like a face vs face encounter – or face vs tweener, at least. Hype achieved.

FINAL THOUGHTS – Another breezy, effortless read, but imbued with what the previous two shows were missing – STAKES. Every matchup made for GLORY feels huge, characters and storyarcs are actually going places, and while certain GLOBALers are sorely missed (WE WANT X!) the ones who are here more than make up for it. Great job, everyone. Onwards to the season finale!

PEDRO'S RATING: 8/10.

Match of the night: Tronic vs Xiang.
Segment of the night: Meet and Greet, Scriptwriters on Strike and Contract Signing
Feud of the night: Dream vs BBZ. Tip of the hat to Tronic vs Xiang and Val vs her friends.
Line of the night: “I'm too important to die!!” Welcome back, Aleczander. You were missed.
Legend

Post by Legend »

JOIN, OR DIE (IV): A pain in the nipple? Whhaaat? This was an interesting way to start the show. When I saw pain in the nipple, I knew it was Jerry David!

WHIPPED INTO SHAPE: A boot camp for Joe Public and Steve Dann? I can see Joe Public kissing the boots of this female drill sergeant! I couldn't help but sympathize with the Fat Man!

YOU WANNA BE(AT)RICH...: Tag Team Champs speak... They are preparing for a match here, and they have done the open challenge thing all cycle and built up their status as champs.

GLOBAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - TROUBLE ROXXX (C) V THE RICH FAMILY: Short match where PTA interferes and gets some much-needed revenge on those dastardly Riches. It was on the short side, but it works for two reasons - 1: It's different than all the other tag team open challenge matches that have started the show, 2: No reason to waste a lot of precious time and card space when the outcome was planned for PTA to show up and ruin things.

MEET AND GREET: Man, let me say right away - I have been quiet for much of this cycle, but it's so good to see Big Aug and Aleczander back. Many welcome returns to the roster! And we get Wrestletronic, the newcomer too... Welcome Back - Seth! A fun little segment where we get some setup with Xiang and the newcomer. Good setup for later in the show.

ONE FINAL MESSAGE: Oh, it's my segment. I didn't even remember the title I gave it. I usually add those when I post it and don't put a lot of thought into them. Anyways - a go-home segment before the later Contract signing for Darring. I tried to sell the importance of the situation and the third match between the two men.

SCRIPTWRITERS ON STRIKE: While my segment titles are lame... this one was actually clever. Dream and BBZ are not on the same page. They haven't been for the whole cycle, it seems. The segment does its job selling some confusion for the contract signing later tonight.

WRESTLETRONIC V XIANG: The Great Wall! The most devastating big man in the industry leads Xiang to victory against the youngster. A good match with an outcome I did not expect. I am guessing this will lead to Glory in some fashion.

NO PRESSURE, BUT...: Hell yeah... One of the things I have enjoyed most about Global is some of these backstage political segments that offer a window into the universe that Global is built. BTW - Ray Young, lace those boots up!

ANGEL CORPS V STEVE DANN AND FLANAGAN: After all that hard work by Steve Dann in boot camp, hell, and he couldn't get the job done? For shame, I tell ya! And the angry boot camp woman returns, kneeing family jewels again.

"VERIFIED" CHETT MARX V VALORIE VITALITY: Vitality goes through Chett as expected—Post-match more setup for Alex Reyn and Valorie Vitality. Reyn continues to play mental games, almost like a deranged cult leader messing with the mind of Vitality.

TAG TEAM AFTERMATH: We have a tag team championship match at Glory. Thanks to Pedro for setting this up.

FRACTURE: Reyn continues to play mind games and sets up a tag match for Glory. It works, and the angle has been interesting throughout the arc.

JOIN, OR DIE (V): Damn, now the nipple is bleeding! This is flat-out awesome. Marvelous, my friend. Bravo!

MAIN EVENT - "BIG AUG" AUGUST LAZAR V ALECZANDER THE GREAT: Oh, hell yeah. These guys have had beef with one another before. Two of Global's best characters are in the main event. Let's go! A solid match where Big Aug finally got a clean win which I did not see coming, but the post-match I did not see coming! Wow, Big Aug and Alec teaming together??? Is Alec going to go face? Best of British look strong, taking down both men.

CONTRACT SIGNING FOR GLORY: Go home for Dream & LSD signing the contract. It ends with respect as the two men enter the ring for the third time and likely the last time, at least for the Global Championship. Hopefully, the moment felt big. The title felt important.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:

Another quick read, but there were plenty that tied together Glory. My favorite segment was Jerry David & Jester's segment.

Big Aug and Aleczander's match and finish was a twist I did not see coming.

We have a tag title match, a Global Championship match, Reyn and Valorie's team against the Angel Corp, Xiang, the new kid, and probably others I miss.

Where is Truth and Crusader X in this? Their presence felt missed.

A good fun show that was easy to read and had some well-written content and build-up. Best show of the cycle, perhaps from a storytelling perspective.

Looking forward to the PPV. Glad to see Seth back in the fold. Glad to see Keegan back.

A small note: I am not proud of my lack of effort and motivation this cycle. I struggled with time and some of my stories. I always got my work done, but I wasn't as available and active as I tend to like to be. Thank you to the rest of the league, Scott, Seth, and Pedro in particular, for keeping things going in a rough spot where not only was Keegan away, but I wasn't around to champion the league like I would like to have done. Your efforts did not go unnoticed by me over the cycle.
Handle: "The Legend" Sean Darring & Prime Time Athletes
Jerry David
Site Admin

Post by Jerry David »

Match of the night: Main Event
Segment of the night: One Final Message - Made Darring look strong and confident. Well written.
Feud of the night: Probably the Big Aug stuff. I think we can all agree the world title angle hasn't turned out as planned, tag team division is pretty tame, so yeah... Seth.
Line of the night: Sorry, nothing jumped out at me.
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

JOIN OR DIE IV: Intriguing and well-written.

WHIPPED INTO SHAME: I liked it. Miranda has plenty of potential, though she may have her work cut out, forming GLOBAL’s answer to the JOB Squad. Still, I reckon while she’ll be the star by far, there’s a great chance we’ll also see more personality out of these boneheads.

YOU WANNA BE(AT) RICH: They definitely have their shtick down for the start, and the entrance. Like I said, you know who’s coming out, no doubt, and there’s something to be said for that in real life, too. I would like to see them lean into the streaming a bit more, as it’s a unique selling point for the girls.

TAG TEAM TITLES: Some cool playing around with covers, something I like to do myself. PTA emerged earlier than I thought, but fortunately, it hasn’t interrupted what is going on too much inside the ropes, otherwise that would be a shame…and I spoke too soon! Well, Pedro has written a couple of belters with TR in this arc, and I know another one is coming at the season finale, plus this adds a little more fuel to the fire in terms of the feud. Therefore, I’m not frustrated this match wasn’t what it could’ve been, because it’ll be worth it in the end.

MEET AND GREET: Seth produces fantastic characters as easily as he blows his nose or has breakfast. I love Wrestletronic’s nicknames, and he laid a verbal beating on The Xiang Dynasty. All good.

ONE FINAL MESSAGE: An excellent segment by one of the very best at selling a match, and we needed it, let’s have that right. This did the trick, and ramped things up ahead of the blow-off between Darring and Dream, and that’s without getting into the show-closer. Stellar stuff.

SCRIPTWRITERS ON STRIKE: The segment title certainly caught my eye, and a very good riposte and development in the aforementioned feud. So far, so good tonight. A brilliantly done piece.

WRESTLETRONIC V XIANG: Another fun match, not as good as the first, though I’m sure the rubber match will best both. Seth writes matches like this in his sleep, it had great pacing and plenty of near-falls with no wasted motion. A sound idea to turn this into a mini-series, use TGW to level things up and give us a high-paced match early doors for Glory.

ANGEL CORPS V FAT DRUNKS: The commentary was superb throughout. The pacing and near-falls here were also on point, and great. I really enjoyed it, and its closing line following the 3-count encapsulates my thoughts. Miranda Wright is a wrong’un, no doubt about that.

DORITOS: Well-written, though I echo the thoughts of the final lines here, too.

MARX V VITALITY: I should have done a better job. Sorry.

TAG TEAM AFTERMATH: The most natural athlete on the GLOBAL roster should always be a boast of one Jimmy Classic. No points for the title, but it did sum it up well, and PTA are always worth a read.

FRACTURE: A great segment, and my match didn’t quite live up to the intensity of this. Valorie has undergone quite an attitude change, brought about Reyn, and this allowed everyone to shine in various ways. It felt fiery, realistic and like a proper argument. A great touch ahead of their pending clash, and a well-done feud throughout the arc, so credit to everyone involved.

JOIN OR DIE V: Built upon 4 brilliantly, and a wonderfully written piece that makes me much more curious to see the madness between Jerry and The Jester. Not to put any pressure on you, Scott, but I reckon it’ll be a cracker and contradictory of your thoughts on yourself as a match writer.

MAIN EVENT: A cracking TV main event on paper, given it was the opener at Magnum Opus, and there were things in common, for sure. The big moves, you can hardly call them high spots, were timed brilliantly, and I can’t get the words ‘meat’ or ‘slap’ out of my head. Match of the night.

CONTRACT SIGNING FOR GLORY: No awards for the segment title either, but it did what it said on the tine and does get my vote for segment of the night. Like Arc 2, well yes, Arc 3 has gone a similar way, and I assume the majority of the blame. Darring v Dream had a lot to do for this show, and I’m sure of some, it left itself too little time to make it as heated as it could be. For what it’s worth, I’m much more interested as a result of them focusing on one another, and not only does it get SOTN, but also the best feud, too. A wonderful way to round off what hasn’t been the best arc, but what do they say about how you finish? That’s what she said.

OVERALL THOUGHTS: Shorter than I thought it would be at around the 20k mark, and the 2nd shortest in GLOBAL history to the previous edition of Domination, but much more rewarding with a lot more meat on the bone, which was definitely required. We could be in a better position, no doubt, but this helped get me and others more excited for what I reckon will be the best show/PPV of the arc, and the previous 2 haven’t been half-bad.

I agree that we missed both Crusader X and Truth, but given my recent and extended absence, I can’t be angry at anyone for that. Still, I honestly felt this was the best show of the arc, even if one or two could rival it, all told, between segments and matches. All told, though, there was more heat here. Individually, it wasn’t the best show for matches, though not bad, and probably not for segments, but marrying the two together and the heat may give it that distinction. I still feel 3 and 5 set the bar, but these shows have been HALF the size, which is what I did want when we first started, and they’re more digestible. SO, get your feedback done.

MATCH OF THE NIGHT: Main event, though Angel Corps v Flanagan and Dann deserves a mention, particularly given the B-side of that equation.
SEGMENT OF THE NIGHT: The closer. Darring’s first promo and Fracture deserve honourable mentions, though there were several good segments, so thank you very much to everyone, not only for tonight, but the entire arc.
FEUD OF THE NIGHT: Dream and Darring
FACE OF THE NIGHT: The champ
HEEL OF THE NIGHT: Miranda Wright
Seth

Post by Seth »

Match of the night: I didn't have a favorite, but this show did a good job at setting up some matches for GLORY. I've really enjoyed Trouble Roxx as the fighting babyface champions, but I can deal with the PTA attacking both them and the Riches to set up a bigger match for PPV. Valorie Vitality's corruption over time by Alex Reyn has been decent.
Segment of the night: One Final Message. Sean Darring has carried the World Title in a good fashion despite me leaving in the middle of our arc last arc. He feels like a big deal in a lot of segments he's in.
Feud of the night: I have to give it to the Tag Team Title match. The stories of Trouble Roxx's fun run combined with the feud between Prime Time Athletes and The Rich Family. Prime Time Athletes stirring shit up in the later segment was fun and are my picks to take the titles.
Line of the night: Didn't have one that stood out in particular.

This show was missing a few names. I was digging what FTK were doing. No Truth or Truth Patrol? Hopefully, they and Crusader X will have bigger showings when we get to the PPV. But I think this show as others have noted, did a good job on the front of setting up some big matches.
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Thanks very much, Seth.

More...
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Time will tell if people are really writing for the season finale OR just simply avoiding feedback.