DOMINATION 08 - Feedback Thread

Please post all your feedback for the shows here
Keegan

Re: DOMINATION 08 - Feedback Thread

Post by Keegan »

Not to worry, Brian. You've still given good, useful feedback.

I do feel it's a shame some things have been overlooked, from a personal perspective in more ways than one, but if we get a cracking Domination 9 because people are motivated to do better, I'll be happy.
Amber Lee

Post by Amber Lee »

I really liked Queen B's segment is she going crazy or isn't she? This show with all of it's errors and such is still way better than many other fed shows I've read. I've been in the game since 2000-2001 and I've seen a lot. One thing I will say that was nice to read in the show was how many of the players commented on the English countryside, I really liked that. I'm also looking forward to reading more from Brian and Blair as well.
MasterSisters

Post by MasterSisters »

BEST MATCH: SEAN DARRING Vs. THE WALL - Made me think Darring was going to actually lose a couple times there, which shows how the
"ONE
TWO" thing can work when not overused, which I don't think it was, specially when compared to just the match before, Alfie vs Declan.
Alecz appearing in the end was a genuine suprise... and while Crash, the "in-story Global Fan", loves it, Crash, the handler, is actually afraid of what that means when I realize that Seth doesn't seem to the discord server or anything. I'm just wondering if he's just working on this on the background, or are we just using Alecz momentarily. We'll see.

BEST SEGMENT: A MERE MORTAL/GUILTY BY INACTION - I picked these two because I think they are similar, and they really show why Reyn is probably the best heel in Global, IMO. He just feels threating and genuinely scary. Little lines like " Darren best feels the hairs on his neck stand on end." go a long way to sell it too.

BEST ANGLE: Don't necessarily have one, but I can say I'm curious to see who wins the tournament.

BEST LINE OF THE NIGHT: “And there goes our PG rating, flying right out of the window.”

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT: Before I dip into anything, I just want to say I agree with Pedro, the show, overall, is really good.
I think some characters may suffer from not having a clear, single, storyline/rivarly, which I think the Masters definitely suffered as well through out Global, but the show manages to hold itself and be interesting without it.
About the "elephant in the room", the technical problems this show had... I do think a lot of it is on the handlers, and again, I say this as a guy who fucked-up immensely when submitting the segment. Can't really put the blame on Scott or Keegan for that blunder having in mind that I was the one that did it.
But with that said, I do agree with Brian that whoever is grabbing the segments and building the show should, at the very least read everything before posting and see if there's things that just feel... off, and either edit it or at least check with the person who submited it. Just a "Hey, was this supposed to be like this?" or a "This segment seems to be missing this or that".
The intro segment being half-script, half-not and my segment including two or three segments that were already on previous shows are things that are easy for the fed heads to notice beforehand and realize that the handler fucked-up somewhere and needs to be alerted of it. That isn't to say that, if handlers can't miss something when writting the segment, that the fed-heads shouldn't be allowed to miss it too when reading it, we're all human, after all, but four eyes definitely pick-up mistakes better than two.

Was it needed more time to build the show then? Probably, asking to do all of this and still deliver the show at the pace that it is would be unfair. But in most, if not all of the times I worked with Pedro as a fed-head, for example, the show would be delivered days after the deadline, and everyone was okay with that, and when he asked for more time, no one really complained, and I'm sure if Keegan or Scott needed a break, everyone here would be okay to wait a bit longer too.
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Cheers, guys.
Legend

Post by Legend »

I can't say this enough, and I hope all handlers agree with me. ALWAYS prioritize life events and breaks ahead of deadlines. We understand!!!!!!

Thank you for taking on this primarily unrewarding task! :D
Handle: "The Legend" Sean Darring & Prime Time Athletes
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Amen.
LovelyGG13_Courtney

Post by LovelyGG13_Courtney »

(Apologies for the late feedback... AGAIN... but here we go!)

BEST MATCH: Alfie Button v Declan Rich (This match was a joy to read, picturing every last detail in my head. Immediately I was rooting for Alfie to win and it was so awesome to see him take a page from Crusader X and use it to his own advantage. Quite a satisfying end to the match if I say so myself.)

BEST SEGMENT: Tie between A Planned Hike and Mirror Mirror. (A Planned Hike was just hilarious to me honestly. Something I could see happening in a Cartoon/Comedy show which earns some bonus points from me. Also really liked Mirror Mirror. I'm getting the feeling that she's starting to hallucinate the Jester being there being that her guards are having such trouble finding him and yet he always appears before her to give her a bit of grief. Makes me wonder how far its going to go and I look forward to it. Shout out to "A Mere Mortal", "No Case", and "A Special Moment: Take One" for being close seconds.)

BEST ANGLE: Gemini

BEST LINE OF THE NIGHT: “OHHHHH YEEEEAAAAHHH!!! THE KID is in the house!! Time to plug in and freak out, baby!!” (Just reminds me of me when my favorite youtuber/streamer puts out new content. I can't help but get all giddy ^^;)

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT: Yet again, I suck at giving feedback in terms of critiques. So I'll just say this:

This show was good. There were a few more hiccups and slip-ups in here that the previous ones, but it's all about learning from the mistakes and experiences and taking them to heart to make the next show better. That being said, I look forward to Domination 9, and HELLA excited for the PPV to follow. Lets prep the fireworks so we can go out with a bang, yeah? :D
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Thanks very much, Courtney.

Much appreciated.