DOMINATION 10 - Feedback Thread

Please post all your feedback for the shows here
Jerry David
Site Admin

DOMINATION 10 - Feedback Thread

Post by Jerry David »

Feedback thread for Domination 10.

As always, any and all feedback is welcome, but if you're short on time, here are some prompts:

Match of the night:
Segment of the night:
Feud of the night:
Line of the night:

Cheers,
Scott
Keegan

Re: DOMINATION 10 - Feedback Thread

Post by Keegan »

I didn't get what I wanted, done, so I apologise for that. Need to be much more on the ball for the next 2 shows.

Some brief thoughts: Let's get some matches booked early doors for 11, and cracking with them. Me included.
As well as that, some more collaboration and planning, instead of leaving things to the last minute. Me included.
pdbnb

Post by pdbnb »

WHO NEEDS PATIENCE?: Axl Rose and his girl, that's who. Anyway, good 'opening of RAW' segment that actually goes somewhere, and pulls a great bait and switch right at the end. The final paragraph also plants a few more seeds for if Hector ever wants to turn Daniel babyface. Good start, even if the grammar and editing could use tightening up.

OF DEFIANCE AND CONTEMPT: First off, I had permission from Crash to explore this idea. With that said, this segment shows The UK at probably its lowest point, and unity is, understandably, frayed - not that it was ever tight to begin with...

A NEW BEGINNING'S END: 'CLOOOO SIIIING TIIIIIME...!' I guess that wasn't the point, but that's where that title instantly took me. Anyway, the segment does what needed to be done due to IRL circumstances, and I guess kudos to April for having the perfect 'out' in place for her character, incidental though it may have been.

AFTER THE GOLD RUSH: ...comes the beginning of a new era. (Trailer guy voice) This was an idea I've had from the off, and I'm excited to see it through. The segment itself is overlong and overbooked, I'll allow, but a lot needed to be done in just those few minutes - including the inevitable conclusion to what was, at one point, an exciting and potentially world-conquering stable. RIP UK stable :( With that said, this is not the end of any of those characters, so stay tuned.

ROXX VS BoB: I intentionally kept this one short, as it's a TV title match, and therefore does not need to be an epic - just a fast-paced, exciting, fun filled few minutes. Hopefully, this delivered on that. Onwards to the next challenger.

THE ENTERTAINERS: Interesting to see that the Bianca angle was not the end of The Jester. JD is maybe a bit TOO heel here, especially with the putdowns towards GLOBAL (I'm sure it attracts more than a few thousand fans...) This alliance is definitely an interesting prospect, though. I remain cautiously optimistic.

DOWNTOWN DOWNTIME: A fun interaction segment between two characters who could use more of those. A blast to read when it was first shared with me, and a blast to edit/add onto.

MAKE THINGS WRIGHT: I definitely needed to add more characters to my roster...but this one was too good to remain as a concept. Hopefully, people like her.

NINE LIVES: ...I thought we weren't supposed to mention other feds? Anyway, my condolences to that kid on losing his Dad. Or did he...?

A PURPOSE RENEWED: He gives Dream 'permission'? Who does this guy think he is?! UGH I can't stand Reyn! (Which means, good job, Shae.)

NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER: Typical Truth rant. I realize it's a bit too similar to others before it, but then again, his promos are the spoken equivalent of Twitter or Facebook threads about conspiracy theories, and those are repetitive as hell too...

ANGEL VS VALORIE: I was a little on the back foot when Shae asked if the match could be short, but WOW, what a thrillride! The kind of all-action, high-flying, mile-a-minute cruiserweight match that helped late 90s WCW make a name for itself. I ain't even mad that Val stole Angel's move (backflip off the buckle) and, I think, neither is she. As for the ending, I knew it was coming, and this is going to be good, guys. Although, can SOMEBODY find another line of insult to attack Valorie, that doesn't involve the Marine Corps?

THE ANNOUNCEMENT: Another one I was privvy to beforehand, and part of a somewhat last-minute collaborative effort between roughly half of the fed's handlers, which will pay off later in the night - BIG TIME.

FTK VS ???: About a month late, but here it is, finally. First things first: the 'now-famous phrase' is 'fuck THEM kids', not 'fuck YOU kids', so the singular would be 'fuck THIS kid', not 'fuck YOU kid'. With that out of the way, why aren't they being announced as #FTK? With THAT out of the way, hey! A justification for why this match was postponed. NICE! And now we finally get to the match and it's...The Players? Not gonna lie, I expected Hopper to be part of the opposing team himself after he got in the ring. Barring that, I expected maybe the Xiang Dynasty or one of the old top teams from SCW. Though it is mentioned that these teams have history, so there's that. The rest of it is pretty much an angle,setting up an excellent rivalry, even if I did expect FTK to win, as per customary in someone's debut. Good on Sanders for showing he isn't totally worthless, though...

THE KNIVES ARE OUT: Boardroom politicking about wrestlers I've never heard of. Can we get back to the fighting?

YOU MIGHT BE ALRIGHT: GET A ROOM ALREADY!!! Geez. Rocky and Apollo running on the beach over here. (Also, NOW he's a babyface. Well done. Show, don't tell.)

MUCH-NEEDED MOTIVATION: Yup, sounds like PTA, turning things around so that they're the victims no matter what. As for this feud, I hope it delivers on its potential, because it could be G O O D.

THE LEGEND SPEAKS THE TRUTH: Blaine should apply for the sprint team at the Olympics. Either that, or Darring was standing right there (or passing by, perhaps?) during PTA's interview. As for the segment itself, I have mixed feelings. I love that Darring is showing Truth respect, but I kind of also wanted the usual downpour of heat to rain down upon my keyboard warrior. Either way, the writing was top-notch, as usual.

MILITIA VS PTA: This show marks the first time anyone other than me has written my own characters. In fact, all but one of the matches in which they feature was written by someone other than me. It 'only' took twelve whole shows... I may have a slight problem with over-protectiveness. Anyway, Shae did well with his take on Angel, and now we have Double B writing my redneck crew against his own guys. A line was erased from the Robinsons' intro, causing the ensuing announcer dialogue to make no sense. Also, the long paragraph about music pertains to SEATTLE, because I thought that's where the show was. So, oops. My bad on that. Moving swiftly on, Militia actually get a lot more offence than I was expecting, and remember when this used to be a comedy team? The trashbag backyarders of yore have grown into an actual team, and I love it. They're like the Hardy Boyz of GLOBAL. HOLY SHIT WHAT A FALSE FINISH!! And then the dirty pin, which was my suggestion. Thank you, Brian, for making my boys look amazing in defeat, in a good match overall.

WITCHES: Yeah, yeah, Doritos, random humour, unexpected twists, reality, time and space-bending antics...but what is the point? Why is Doritos going around collecting people? Are we about to have a Bill and Ted-style 'assorted figures from across time' stable?

FOR AMERICA: Another somewhat last-minute addition, to set up events in the near future. Thanks to Hector for reading over this and offering his suggestions.

MAIN EVENT: A match I resisted when pitched to me, and suggested now - but only because of Truth's and Darring's interactions (which were not a thing at the time the match was first pitched) and the opportunity it presented for...things to take place. Allie spitting her usual vitriol early doors, and Brown putting in 300% more effort than he usually does introducing Truth. But then, of course, he puts in twice that for Darring (as he should.) Oh God, Truth has a platform, and he's not about to waste that chance, is he? And now the spelling of Snider gets clarified, thanks for that, boss. Though...Beavis and Butthead? They're BEBOP AND ROCKSTEADY! Get it right! 'Effing and jeffing', such a British phrase! Oh man, hope Darring didn't get rabies from that...or hepatitis.. Truth gets referred to as Darring at one point, which is an honour (for me, anyway) but also wrong. ...AAAnd there it is. The moment this has all been building up to. And I am HYPE for it!

Anyway, this was a GREAT Main Event, with WAY more offence for John than I expected (or would have given him) and lots of the excellent character moments Keegan excels at. A great way to cap off a very good episode.

FINAL THOUGHTS: A perfectly competent episode of TV, of even quality all the way throughout, with no evident peaks or troughs. I would perhaps have looked for a little more on the emotional side, particularly doing matches, as segments did deliver on that front. Still, while not as crazy as a RAW after Wrestlemania tends to be, this was a great progression on from Gold Rush, with very little of that 'holding pattern' feel shows like this tend to have (including the disaster after Magnum Opus that we do not talk about.) Well done to everyone, and onwards to ACTUAL Seattle this time, Pedro, you idiot!

PEDRO'S GRADE: B+ (7.5/10 - 3.75/5)
Last edited by pdbnb on Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Legend

Post by Legend »

Who Needs Patience?: Hector and I wrote this piece with a clear intention to start things off on a high note and address the obvious immediately.

OF DEFIANCE AND CONTEMPT: Something is set up for later.

A New Beginning's End: That's one way to conclude Amber's storyline. After all that had transpired, part of me anticipated a heel turn from Amber or someone turning against her. But in all seriousness, it served as a satisfactory exit for her character, and if it contributes to the development of X and Alfie's narratives, I have no objections.

After the Gold Rush: The Tag Team Champions step forward to address the crowd and their upcoming match. They tease a potential rematch with the Master Sisters, only to be interrupted by the Best of British, who surprisingly attack and lay out the Master Sisters. It felt a bit underwhelming, but I understand the handler might need a break. I have no objections if it aims to progress all the handlers' storylines in the right direction.

Match: Troble Roxx vs. Best of British - An impressive opening match that successfully establishes the tag team champions in their first title defense. However, I must admit I'm a bit puzzled by the decision to have the Best of British send the Master Sisters packing. It leaves me curious about the underlying story that might unfold in the future. Perhaps more to come will shed light on this unexpected turn of events.

THE ENTERTAINERS: Hahahaha... Considering how unusually silent Scott had been, I had a feeling that these two would eventually lock horns. The banter between David and Jeter had me entertained. I could picture a creepy Jester-like character speaking while Jerry David responded, seemingly half-paying attention. Scott is bound to provide us with endless entertainment, and in the end, Jester will surely rise to new heights. I am all in on this one. A contender for feud of the arc, which is no surprise with how well Scott tells a story.

DOWNTOWN DOWNTIME: After the Jed situation, I wondered where Valorie would end up next. There's a backstory and narrative at play here, and let's see where this goes.

MAKE THINGS WRIGHT: With some losses on the roster, it's good to see new blood.

NINE LIVES: I am guessing there is something here for some universe-building with the mention of UWE that will shake GLOBAL somehow.

A PURPOSE RENEWED: Interesting piece for Reyn here. I wasn't sure where Reyn would go after his defeat to Dream. Interesting visuals like self-surgery. It was nice to see a humble Reyn but motivated for the next chapter. What is that?

NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER: Truth continues to cement himself as a controversial figure in GLOBAL. However, it's time to start taking Truth more seriously as a top guy in GLOBAL. Hope he is in a feud this arc that will help elevate him more.

Match: ANGEL RAMIREZ Vs. VALORIE VITALITY: A competitive match that built off the earlier segment. Valorie pulls out the victory, and we have Alex Reyn. Looks like Valroie is going to be playing in Reyn's fun house instead.

THE ANNOUNCEMENT: I wrote this so I won't give any feedback, but we needed a sell job to announce the Main Event.

Match: GEMINI/SMITH Vs. ???: Hopper explains why this was moved from the PPV. Well done, and adds something extra to this match. FTK are such awesome heels! The Players are announced as their opponents. Some quick action until Sweaty Bros comes out to support FTK, chanting - For The Kids! Too bad FTK was so passionate about the message that they forgot a match was happening. It's okay; some kids got some free swag! The match was a little on the short side, but there are story reasons you can justify it and keep the story going.

THE KNIVES ARE OUT: Interesting story fodder... This is some of the stuff we saw early in GLOBAL that I really enjoyed. I love deep universe-building and hope we will see more of it.

YOU MIGHT BE ALRIGHT: Why is Alfie so down? He just got a giant monkey off his back. Shed some weight... cut a tumor... Anyways - We see that X is watching Truth. Could we be due for a Truth vs. X story down the road? I would be down for that!

MUCH-NEEDED MOTIVATION: PTA segment ... The next stage is after their humiliating defeat versus the Rich Boys. I wrote it so that I won't review it.

THE LEGEND SPEAKS THE TRUTH: Yikes, back-to-back segments by me. That isn't good! My apologies; that just sort of happened. I had to sell the Main Event. I realize Steve Blaine was used for both, and since this one was added second - that was not intended to happen like that. Oh well, I guess there are worst things that happen on shows.

METAL MILITIA Vs. PRIME TIME ATHLETES: Oh geez. Three segments in a row written by me? And then this match I wrote. The downer part of the show, for sure! I don't think this is how I booked the segments on the show, though. There must have been some last-minute changes! Was a line removed? It had to be from Grammarly, which usually does not remove something. Strange, I will have to look into that. Anyway, I hope the rest of the match worked for you, Pedro.

FOR AMERICA: Truth and Dream run into one another before the Main Event. Leaving some questions between the two men.

Match: GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: "LEGEND" SEAN DARRING V JOHN J. TRUTH: We have a tease of what can be a good match down the road between LSD and Truth. However, heel shenanigans are a play for the story and the greater good. We have some faces come to the rescue, and all chaos erupts. The show ends with a stare-down between Dream and Darring. And we have next week's Main Event! The match did its job for a tease; it showed that Truth could compete on that level, we have a main event for next week, and it helped individual stories progress.

Overall Thoughts: This episode seemed to breeze by, especially compared to previous shows. It's hard to pinpoint whether this is because it is the beginning of a new arc and the stories are just starting to unfold or if there have been some changes in the roster resulting in a condensed show. Nonetheless, there's no denying that we have many intriguing developments happening. With numerous fresh storylines to follow and exciting backstory building within the Global promotion, I am genuinely excited to see where things lead. The future holds many possibilities, and I can't wait to dive deeper into these stories and the Global Universe.
Handle: "The Legend" Sean Darring & Prime Time Athletes
pdbnb

Post by pdbnb »

Match of the night: The Event that is Main.
Segment of the night: Amber's retirement or X and Alfie
Feud of the night: Maniac terrorist JJT vs the Champion. I know it's bad form to vote for oneself, but what a bloodbath that was.
Line of the night: Many, many during the Main Event.
Overall Thoughts: See above.
Daniel Dream

Post by Daniel Dream »

Match of the night: Trouble Roxx vs Best of British.

Trouble Roxx have an entertaining, fast-pace match with Best of British, earning a successful championship defense. The development between Best of British and Master Sisters at the start of the match is interesting.

Val and Angel have a real good face-vs-face match.

The Players get a win! Paul Sanders is clutch.

Prime Time Athletes have a good match, using heel tactics.

John J. Truth just went after Sean Darring and went dirty. Daniel coming out to preserve his own opportunity against Sean Darring is very much in character, overall a very good main event.

Segment of the night: The Knives Are Out

Oooh. The pressure is on Daniel to win. Giovanni Ferrari's job on the line. Very interesting.

Some of the grammar mistakes in the first segment were on me, I should have taken the time to re-read some of my stuff. Hopefully that didn't damper the enjoyment too much.

Truth and Daniel Dream are in an uneasy alliance.

Feud of the night: I'm going to go with Daniel Dream vs Sean Darring as that got the most focus on the night, but I like the set up for Best of British vs Master Sisters.

Line of the night: "Love him or hate him - and trust me, we ALL hate him."

Perfectly describes Truth.
THEHopper

Post by THEHopper »

Reacting as I read.... Lets go

WHO NEEDS PATIENCE - Apparently Sean Darring. This segment had a great start and I love when the chamnpion if the first face we see as fans in a new arc. However, this turned into Benedict stealing the focus of Dream and that isn't a good thing. Dream meandered his way through the second arc (and honestly many of us did), so I was disappointed to see Benedict get the heel rub here.

as an aside....Dream face or heel? No, he doesn't have to pick. Global affords the ability to just be a character that isn't defined by the good or bad they do. I will say this though....it isn't good when you are challenging the top babyface in the league, who is a champion and already had 2 wins over you.....and you are not the most compelling threat to the champ....but Benedict who slammed the door. Dream needs to find a lane and excel there....he can't be a funny guy one moment, then suddenly a psuedo manager another (why did he waste a show last arc focusing on the players?), and here he is obviously allowing his balls to be held by Benedict.

anyway

DEFIANCE AND SUCH - This entire segment didn't even stick to its timeline. You can't say "The week after gold rush" and then later on have a character say "“Rest assured, Stella. This disrespect will not stand. At Gold Rush…we shall have a little talk with our…associates. Relay your feelings regarding their actions" This was lazy and should have been caught.

NEW BEGININGS END - Amber Lee retired. whatever. I wouldn't have bothered even allowing that loose end to be tied up. Why would the crowd boo? She wasn't even the most compelling part of her own angle (that was X vs Button to be honest).

AFTER GOLD RUSH - Trouble Roxx celebrates their title win. The only sanction streamers in global that are rarely seen streaming anymore. These two could have been much stronger if they held onto that streamer gimmick tightly and used it within matches.

ROXX VS BOB - Roxx retain in a solid match. No real worry of a title change so soon after they gained it.

THE ENTERTAINERS - Jerry David has a new nemesis....and this one might actually be more evil than EZ Rah was with him. I miss EZ Rah, I really do. But Jerry David vs Jester might be interesting. I'm intrigued

DOWNTOWN DOWNTIME - Its Vitality....and Angel....this match should be 5 seconds long if we are to believe Vitality can almost single handidly beat The Law and Jed Johnson (which has happened numerous times already....unbelievable as it may be).

MAKE THINGS WRIGHT - The only thing I was excited about was that Keegan decided to add a Hank Wright segment.....but no. It is a new female character and it is one that could POSSIBLY be interesting within Global. We shall see as there is no real bio or anything to know height and weight here. But as long as we stay away from 5'6" 120 lbs.....please.

NINE LIVES - Foreshadowing! What will the future hold here? I forsee a battkle over Global in some form?

PURPOSE RENEWED - "I give you permission" Sorry, son. I call BS on that one. Reyn cannot come across as the conqueror of worlds and dominator of men at this point. Bad call here.

NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER - John truth is actually interesting and could be a solid foil in Global. I liked this segment overall.

ANGEL VS VITALITY - Match was longer than it should have been, but in the end a new storyline emerges as Alex Reyn shows up to mess with Vitality? Really? Okie dokie. The one positive is that at least Reyn had some continuity with the "I will test you all starting now" in his segment by telling her he will test her limits....

I bet he does! *rimshot*

THE ANNOUNCEMENT - John Truth is the challenger. I like this. It gives Truth a chance to rub with the champ and the chance at a good match.

GEMINI/SMITH VS ???? - I had a segment I wanted here that was written for Gold Rush and I don't think it aired then and I guess now.

Let me clear this up smarty pants....FTK is NOT their tag team name. It never has been and it was never going to be. It was the initials of the catch phrase., which he can use in any way I see fit to have him use it.

Also, I chose them to lose to set up this angle. Even when Brian wanted to kick start it with the appearance of the Bros, he didn't intend them to lose. That was my choice because they don't have to win to be over.

KNIVES ARE OUT - Once again we see the backstage political issues Giovanni is dealing with. There is no doubt that the earlier segment about Watkins will play into this. Very interesting to see what happens here

YOU MIGHT BE ALRIGHT - I love Alfie and X with the banter. I see such future here for these frenemies....and X is a fast rising character in my estimation right now.

MUCH NEEDED MOTIVATION - PTA showing why they are probably the best tag team in Global so far and possibly in the entire run of the fed. I wish they had those belts.

LEGEND SPEAKS OUT - The champ gives reaction to John Truth's challenge and it sells it really well. Truth is made to sound more than credible here and Darring is again ready to show why he is the man.

PTA vs METAL MILITIA - I enjoyed this match and loved seeing PTA go over. I hate seeing Metal Militia as fodder, but they aren't being focused on anyway. This was a really good kickoff for PTA this arc and I hope it ends with them having gold.

WITCHES - Doritos is out of control. Basically sexually harrassing a teacher at gold rush and now the salem witch trials. By the way "shut the F%@$ up, witch" was line of the night for me.

FOR AMERICA - Well I will forgive the fact that 'Murica wasn't used in the title. Here is what I didn't like about this.....Daniel Dream comes across like a cuckold here. And not one that seems angry about it. "I see you are having the match I was supposed to have" I'm sorry, but Dream needs to get his balls frokm Benedict fast.

DARRING VS TRUTH - Easily the match of the night. I loved how Truth actually looked credible, and especially how this had NO RESULT! Truth gets a no decision... so Truth i 0-0-1 against Darring, while Dream is 0-2. In the words of our fed head, "I rest my case, your honour" Joking aside, this had a ton in it, including a deluge of humanity getting involved. It gives the possibility that the old man champion isn't as stable at the top as we were led to believe.... I really loved this.

OVERALL

6.25 rating from me

IT was a breeze to read and react to.

A couple of new storylines emerged. Others, thankfully, put to bed.

It is a solid start and now we have 4 more shows to build for the season finale.
Jerry David
Site Admin

Post by Jerry David »

Who needs patience: Some grammatical issues, but Hector already mentioned that. Fair play. "What defiance!" is a very clever line. I think a few people are struggling with the same thing as me - is Daniel Dream FACE or HEEL? That can easily be defined on the next show with a single segment - either he can beat the living piss out of Darring in a sneak attack (or something like that), or he can save him during a beatdown in a match/backstage (...or something like that), but if this angle is going to get heat, and it definitely NEEDS heat, this has to first be defined, and defined well.

Of Defiance & Contempt: Again, the odd problem telling who is speaking. And as Chris pointed out... yeah, happened after Gold Rush, but mentioned Gold Rush as an event in the future. Not your best work TBH. Also, this segment could have been in-and-out in half the length. Most of this was just silliness for silliness sake.

A New Beggining's End: Beggining's isn't a word, but other than that, this was a well-written segment. Personally, I'm glad to see the back of that character. Blair has done a great job of carrying her, though.

After the gold rush: I have no idea who is speaking and it means I've completely lost interest unfortunately. I think this could have been quite a bit shorter, especially as it's just a vehicle to set up the match that follows.

Downtown Downtime: Sets something up.

Make things wright: I'm not sure what an aggressive fringe is, lol, but other than that... in and out, sets something up, and involves The Law (my favourite team!) 10/10.

Nine Lives: IDK what UWE is, but I guess we'll hear more about it in the future(?) Anyway, a good segment - my only criticism is "is thought to be dead" would be way more impactful if it just said "is dead" or "has died".

A Purpose Renewed: Good promo. I like Reyn's solo promo style.

No retreat, no surrender: Companies, not company's, but otherwise the promo was brilliant. Pedro; this is your best character, by far.

The Announcement: I'm not sure this needed to be so long.

The Knives Are Out: UWE makes its appearance again, and it makes some more sense to me now. Watkins is dead, so Big G won't be getting him... Who could he get? Who are these people? What will they be like? (and many more questions).

You Might Be Alright: Worst line of the night: "When she comes back to GLOBAL, and she will… I hope her mom gets to see it." - nope.

I can't wait for X to smash Alfie's face in and a proper blood feud to ensue. But that's me fantasy booking now, isn't it..?

Much-Needed Motivation: Really good promo. I love PTA.

The Legend Speaks The Truth: I want to see Sean Darring turn heel. He's too nice and it grates on me. Even showing Truth respect in this promo. Yikes.

For America: I still don't know if Dream is heel or face. I don't think that's deliberate; I think the character needs to develop, quickly, in one direction or the other.

Overall: Good show. Much easier read than previous shows. Well written. Some angles developing. Good job, everyone.
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

WHO NEEDS PATIENCE: I read this segment before going away, and it’s classic LSD to start with. All good. It seems Daniel is willing to match LSD, but BBZ bails him out. This segment was good, very good in fact, but could have been great. However, it’s a solid start to the show, angle and arc.

OF DEFIANCE AND CONTEMPT: I thought this was a fun read. I like the dynamic between The Master Sisters and Stella.

A NEW BEGINNING’S END: I thought this was a very well-handled segment, right out of the gate. It left it open-ended for an Amber return rather than just writing her out completely, seemed respectful and we’ve done a few of these fairly well, I feel. Hopefully, we don’t have to do as too many in the future.

AFTER THE GOLD RUSH: Another excellent entrance by Trouble Roxx, fine mic work to put it mildly, and a good setup for the opening match of the night. Oh wait, I was sure it was going to be against RAF, and then, we’ve got the return of the Master Sisters, which even I didn’t see coming. Hang about, it’s not going to be them after all. Some dastardly heel work by BoB. Okay, well, admittedly, they’re a far better challenge than what I originally thought, though Master Sisters trying to regain their titles from Trouble Roxx could/would have been an amazing way to start the show.

TAG TEAM TITLES: Good, lively action for how long it lasted and a decent start to their reign.

THE ENTERTAINERS: The segment title took me by surprise. A well-written segment that kicks things off well between these two comedic yet bizarre characters, and I’m disturbed that I read some of this with Scott’s voice in my head. Mission accomplished, you prick.

DOWNTOWN DOWNTIME: A decent and fun enough segment.

MAKE THINGS WRIGHT: I am looking forward to where this goes, given Pedro has shared some background information on the character, and this works well as a start.

A PURPOSE RENEWED: A nice blend of humility and arrogance blended into a fine promo by Reyn.

NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER: I thought this was terrific, and pound-for-pound, outstanding. It was punchy, and I felt JJT treaded the line perfectly. One of my favourite segments of the show.

VITALITY V ANGEL: Mixed feelings on this match. Very fast-paced, though again, nothing in the way of an intro. I get they’re tiresome to write, and I can hardly moan when I’ve not written for a few shows as fedhead, but remember to do them, unless there’s a good reason not to. I don’t see one here.

A great blend of styles, Angel looked valiant in defeat, though I think the match could have gone a bit longer, even though the pacing was there. The match is overshadowed by Reyn’s appearance and good promo work yet again, and we’re off to the races with that.

THE ANNOUNCEMENT: This was a grand job in setting up the main event by the master of selling.

FTK V THE PLAYERS: A fun match, and Chris told me what he was going to do with the commentary before. It worked! The right winners, obviously, with a wee bit of history in there and a nice little bout.

YOU MIGHT BE ALRIGHT: Crusader X was the standout character in Arc 2, along with EZ Rah, for me, and this is a bright start to Arc 3 as well. There’s been a wonderful evolution of the character.

MUCH-NEEDED MOTIVATION: …And a much-needed segment by PTA, because they’re always an enjoyable read. They’re so full of arrogance and attitude, but there’s humility here, too…until they beat someone, I’m sure. I really like this team.

THE LEGEND SPEAKS THE TRUTH: …Yes, he does, and I like what you did there. More gold by the champ.

METAL MILITIA V PTA: Now, that’s what you call a false finish, really, and it had me fooled. It reminded me of the opener, and I mean that in a positive way. There hasn’t been a bad nor a brilliant match on the show, and I’m okay with that for the first show of the arc. Thanks, everyone.

WITCHES: Wonderfully-written, as always. I look forward to the next edition.
FOR AMERICA: An intriguing segment, and I KNOW I’m going to come back to this in a future review because of what I’m aware of, retrospectively, but for the here and now, I enjoyed this exchange between two potentially fantastic characters, and wasn’t conscious of that going into the main event, which I wrote at least before leaving you all in the lurch, which I apologise for.

OVERALL THOUGHTS: I’m sorry for what happened heading into 11. I’m not proud of myself and will allude to this at the end of the arc. In the meantime, I was part of this show, and felt it was solid enough, while still lacking something. All of the matches were good, I can’t complain on that, though I’d be hard-pressed to pick the best one, given I won’t pick myself, which should let you in on ‘my truth,’ pun intended.

My shortest ever feedback, partly in a bid to catch up, and partly because it was so simple to get through. We’re not where I’d like us to be, I take the major share of the blame for that, though I hope we’ll get there in due course and I’d like to thank everyone who contributed to this show and the ones while I was away, and a special thank you to Scott for taking care of the ship while the captain was off whale watching (for real, though not for the whole month, honestly.)

MOTN: Honestly, mine. Failing that, I’m torn, but let’s say the opener.

SEGMENT: About 4 to 5, which are hard to pick between as Darring was Darring, I liked Blair’s work with Amber and Truth’s two segments were excellent, not to mention the set-up for the opener.

CHARACTER: Truth.

FEUD: Things are being set up, but I didn’t mention Reyn above in segments, and he, along with Darring, were right up there with Truth for my previous category, so I’ll say Reyn/Vitality.

LINE: I don’t do lines…just ask my wife.