DOMINATION 22 FEEDBACK

Please post all your feedback for the shows here
Keegan

DOMINATION 22 FEEDBACK

Post by Keegan »

https://www.global-wrestling.com/2024/0 ... nation-22/

As always, any and all feedback is welcome, but if you're short on time, here are some prompts:

Match of the night:
Segment of the night:
Feud of the night:
Line of the night:

Thanks very much in advance.
Keegan

Re: DOMINATION 22 FEEDBACK

Post by Keegan »

What I will say is, while I was happy with segments, and absolutely delighted with how much both Brian and Pedro contributed, this was a case of one step forward and two back on matches.

Not that the matches weren't good: They were. But we had 4 in total, 3 of which were tag and 3 people writing. I've asked for extra help since the start, and not got any. That'll have to change at some point.

Anyway, enjoy the show.
pdbnb

Post by pdbnb »

VISITING HOURS (MORNING) - Following on from the events of the previous show, a segment to show where everyone is at. Some surprising character development for a couple of people here - I wrote this myself and was still surprised!

PATIENCE IS GONE - Brian 'talks to himself' in a good old-fashioned opening promo in the ring, and sets up what should be an amazing Main Event. I can't wait to see who Darring's ally might be.

CAST AND CREW INTERVIEW - The first real showcase for these new characters, and I think they came through with a lot of personality. I can't wait to see how people feel about them.

HEALTHY COMPETITION - Best of British pre-open challenge in-ring segments are the new Trouble Roxx pre-open challenge in-ring segments.

BRITISH FANATICS - I initially had a different idea for this match, but ended up going with something slightly more basic and less exciting, but which I think worked quite well.

ADVERTISEMENT - The return of advertisements, with a named character, no less. I wonder if he's going to become a thing.

THE SAND-ERS OF TIME - ...aaaand here he is again...offering Paul Sanders a job. Okay. Is this like when people leave their careers to become realtors?

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST - An attempt at something different from Hector and I. Again, curious how people will receive it.

MILLER TIME 1 - The new agent seeks to foster dissension between a long-time tag team. This segment should probably have been placed before the HF's match earlier in the show.

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID AT LAST LAUGH (1) - I was wondering when this angle would come back, and...here it is.

MILLER TIME 2 - YES PLEASE. I've been trying to make this happen for a year and a half. LET'S GOOOO!

THE WICKED WITCH - She is my character, and she scares me every time she opens her mouth in front of a camera. Holy shit, when did I learn to cut promos?

COMEDY HOUR - Wait, Jerry David...?! But...?! What...?! And he's calling Reyn out?! Oooh, and saying what we're all thinking. A certain somebody wanted to get out there and start yelling at these two himself...but that might be best saved for later on down the road.

A LEGENDARY PARTNER - ...WHO the Hell IS this? I'm drawing a blank.

I'M NOT YOUR BRO - Crazy JD escalates. RIP The Bro.

ADVERTISEMENT - Chase's alter ego-with-a-different-wrestling-surname tells us about conservation. What?!

OH, REAL TOUGH GUY! - If GLOBAL starts being funded by canned hunt groups, I'm boycotting it.

MILLER TIME 3 - Please, please, PLEASE tell me this is going to be a babyface faction to take on the GLOBAL Force!!!

BEST WALL - One of only two matches on this show I had no direct involvement with. With both of these being 'enhancement' talent, I am curious to see who comes out on top. I guess it will come down to who is the most enhancing. It's fairly close between the two until Xiang draws a DQ, protecting both men. And then...HOLY SHIT PURCELL!!! OK, now where are the other two guys?! Seriously, though, great match in prospect for next week. As for this one...2.5/5.

MILLER TIME 4 - OK, there is definitely a pattern to the stars she appears to be approaching...but isn't that the WRONG Rich Family member to target? I would have expected her to go to Donny.

CHANGE IN PLANS - They don't want Border Control. Now they do. Now they don't again. Now they do again. Make up your minds already! Good to see the pepper spray is getting over/noticed, though.

MILLER TIME 5 - Curiouser and curiouser.

FROM A TO SO PEE IT 1 - Tobias is back as well? Must be old home week! Also, are we implying Reyn is behind GLOBAL?

BORDER GUYS - I knew I would not have time to write this one, so I entrusted Keegan with it (only providing commentary for Lexi and a bit of the finishing brawl) and he did a stellar job writing everyone. This is exactly the kind of brawl it needed to be, and ends exactly the way everyone thought it might, while also furthering Border Control's intertwined storylines with the Rutherfords and X Button. Great job. 3.5/5

MILLER TIME 6 - Alfie is the babiest face in GLOBAL.

WHERE'S THE PASSION, MY FRIEND? - ...what, nobody going to complain about how half of it is in Spanish? Anyway, great segment, setting up a previously unexplored relationship and creating a pairing I never knew I wanted.

MAIN EVENT - 'The most despised figures', Quinn? Really? After you've JUST SEEN Border Control out there? HOLY SHIT IT'S FREDDIE RICH!!! I did NOT see THAT one coming. I didn't know he worked separately from the Family. VERY old-school psychology here, as you would expect from two grizzled veterans, and a GREAT false finish, followed by spots so good they are repeated straight after (that is to say, Keegan, there's duplicated text during and after the figure four attempt, and then during and after Freddie's football tackle.) That false finish did give away who would eventually win, though I thought the reveal of HOW they managed to secure a win was genius. A fitting Main Event for the names involved, and a good ending to another good episode of GLOBAL television. 4/5

VISITATION HOURS (EVENING) - My attempt at doing something a little bit more like an actual TV show, and a little bit less like a straight-up wrestling angle. Hope you were all shocked and enthralled in equal measure.

FINAL THOUGHTS - Another solid show, with some genuine surprises and comebacks, and some interesting rivalries beginning to form. Onwards!

PEDRO'S RATING - 7.5/10, rounded up to 8 because of the shock returns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Match of the night: The Main Event, by a hair, over Border Control vs Rutherfords. Two solid matches, for sure.
Segment of the night: JD destroying The Bro, and Alfie and Tobias in the toilets.
Feud of the night: PTA vs Sean Darring
Line of the night: None really stood out to me this time around.
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

I will edit that, Pedro. Thank you. Above all, appreciate all of the feedback.
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Let me start off by saying that I’m sorry my feedback hasn’t been as prompt and punctual. I WILL get there. I want to get this one done first, and then I’ll work backwards.
Out of the gate, as said above, I felt great about this show to start with, and not so much once everything was submitted. This isn’t a question of quality, and Brian and Pedro did an awful lot of work. I appreciate anything and everything we get, whether it’s one segment or a ton, but this model, and the buck lies with me by being fedhead, isn’t sustainable long-term. No feedback and not contributing segments or matches? That’s not a recipe I want to cook or taste. That aside…

VISITING HOURS MORNING: A heartfelt segment with plenty of character work, and distinction between characters when they speak, and no, I’m not just saying that. I know what closes this show, and this makes me already look forward to that portion, because this was a great start.

PATIENCE IS GONE: Darring always delivers, and this was no different. Brian handles two tremendous acts, and seeing him write both of them playing off each other in two vastly different styles, with contrasting attitudes is fantastic. I am more than happy with the start to the show. Well done once again to both of you.

CAST AND CREW INTERVIEW: Another superb piece. I am really curious to see where this winds up, I personally got a kick out of the film titles, and Steve Blaine was a fine foil for them to bounce off of with their enthusiasm.

HEALTHY COMPETITION: Pedro has done a grand job elevating Best of British this arc, and I’ll dig into that more when revieing prior shows, but that serves as a bookmark for now.
Kerry is fabulous, and hits Allie with a zinger right out of the game. I’m looking forward to that, as much as the match, and the segment title – well, Pedro wins that award for that one most weeks, anyway.

BEST OF BRITSH V HEALTH FANATICS: Strawberry is the worst flavour? I have gone right off Kerry following that!
The clothespeg! Okay, she’s back in my good books.
Good for what it was, right team went over, and Pedro did a great hob capturing the essence of all four participants and where they stand in the pecking order. Enjoyed both the commentary and action. Onto better things for Best of British.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: Read this a few times before posting the show, and it has me very curious. I almost felt like Doritos Man had returned.

THE WICKED WITCH: As has this, probably even more so.

COMEDY HOUR: I co-wrote this, so won’t say too much, but I am personally happy with how it turned out. Thank you, Shae.

A LEGENDARY PARTNER: I had the benefit of knowing what/who the implication was, and who it was going to be in the end. Nicely played, Brian.

CHANGE IN PLANS: My apologies in any confusion beforehand, which had a bearing on this segment. It worked well for what it was in terms of getting TRG focused on one path. While I’m on the subject, I don’t review anything I write, but I want to also apologise for not quite hitting the heights in the tag match. I felt flat, for whatever reason, and didn’t quite get going, so a big sorry to Pedro, Hector and Niko for that.
However, thanks to Pedro for contributing the commentary for Lexi.

MAIN EVENT: Before I start on the main event, which was the MOTN, Brian’s match writing is vastly underrated in my opinion.

Entrances may have taken longer than usual, not a knock by any stretch, quite the opposite, in fact. Some people are not bothered by them at all, but beyond capturing the essence of watching a real-life wrestling product, it adds a sense of grandeur, especially in a main event. This is a promotion based in Hollywood, and this event just so happens to coincide with the Oscars. Whether that matters or not, GLOBAL should always have entrances! So, Brian did a fantastic job in covering those bases, I wrote the surprise return and hopefully sold it well, and it would get the crowd in the mood for a potentially great match, which this was.

A quick start, given how much PTA winds everyone up, and what they’ve done to these two men separately. On point.

Some brilliant barbs of commentary, and I especially appreciated Brian’s (and Pedro’s) takes on Allie during this show. Her purpose and personality were captured wonderfully well.

LOVE when PTA are on offence. They have excellent move sets, and their antics…man.

The pacing is great. It’s a textbook tag match, and one that contains sound psychology and preparation.
As for the ending, I thought the commentary, and I’ve seen the contrary at times, sold the magnitude of the moment and finish EXCEPTIONALLY. That’s how you’d expect commentators to react, and these three definitely would.
Loved the finish. It doesn’t always work for me – here, it certainly did. And, I’m looking forward to the inevitable bragging on 23. That is going to be a treat, and this ramps the feud up. There are so many layers to this tag match, and there are even more coming out of it. Executed so well, and no doubt, MOTN. Well done, Brian, and thank you considering…you know what I mean. I REALLY appreciate it.

VISITING HOURS EVENING: My favourite segment of the night, and I kind of felt that when first reading it, and I have that sensation on second reading, too. This reminded me of a lot of stuff I won’t get into here, but it was a terrific read and has me hyped for what comes next.

OVERALL: Well, this is one of my shortest reviews, and that is a by-product of me doing more than most shows, Arc 1 aside, and it seemingly being the opposite on the handlers’ side. I felt very motivated coming into this show, something kind of snapped in me as it does from time to time, and I can’t expect to flick on a switch and have it rub off on you, but I didn’t feel the same sense of optimism on Sunday when I logged in backstage.

Overall, I am pleased with the show, objectively. However, it worries me going forward.

MATCH: The main event
SEGMENT: The closer
FEUD: Darring v PTA
Daniel Dream

Post by Daniel Dream »

Match of the night: The Rutherford Guys vs Border Control
Segment of the night: Cast and Crew Interviews
Feud of the night: Best of British vs Health Fanatics
Line of the night: "It is not just about the clothespeg, darling…it is about how dominant he has been in this contest…"

Visiting Hour Mornings: A nice segment by Angel

Patience Is Gone: Sean Darring challenges the Prime Time Athletes.

Cast and Crew Interviews: I love Pedro's writing style. I really this stream-of consciousness writing.

Healthy Competition: A great segment

Best of British vs Health Fanatics: A short but great match.

The Platinum Party Planner: I'm interested by Chad Hogan.

The Sand-ers Of Time:

Beauty and The Best: Another great segment by Pedro. I think I helped him find his character's voice.

It's Miller Time 1: Greg Matthews: A solo career for Greg Matthews might be interesting but I want to see more of the Health Fantastic together, I don't think they tapped into all their potential together.

I Know What You Did at Last Laugh (1): Giovanni Ferrari gets an interesting phone call.

It's Miller Time 2: El Principe: A face turn for El Principe could also be interesting.

The Wicked Witch: Oooh.

Comedy Hour: Jerry David basically says "You're not that guy, pal." to Alex Reyn. Bold move.

A Legendary Partner: I wonder who will be Sean Darring's partner.

I'm Not Your Bro: Jerry David goes crazy.

Advertisement - Embrace The Wild, Man: I'm interested in "Wildman" Chase Duggan.

Oh, Real Tough Guy!: "Wildman" Chase Duggan already has people who don't like him. Lol.

It's Miller Time 3: Darren Best: Michelle talks to Darren Best.

It's Miller Time 4: Declan Rich: "Michelle leaves Declan standing in the parking lot, deep in thought, as she heads back towards the arena, confident in her ability to plant seeds of change in the wrestling landscape." This sums up Michelle well. I wonder how many of her seeds will bear fruit in the wrestling landscape.

Change In Plans: A segment by Jeff and I.

It's Miller Time 5: Mr. Merchandise: Michelle works with Mr. Merchandise.

From A to So Pee It - 1: Alfie Button and Tobias Bellamy talk.

Non-title Tag Team Match: The Rutherford Guys vs Border Control: Agent Washington starts off the match poking Daniel in the eye and giving him a low blow. Daniel Dream gets some momentum back with a superkick. Victim's End to Washington. I wish this match had a conclusive ending but it makes sense to save it with the next PPV being Border Control vs Rutherford Guys for the Global Tag Team Championships.

It's Miller Time 6: Alfie Button: Ah, that stray to Daniel Dream about being face of the company hurt, lol.

Where's The Passion, My Friend?: I like the dynamic between Masked Maniac and El Principe.

Main Event: Nice main event.