DOMINATION 20 FEEDBACK

Please post all your feedback for the shows here
Keegan

DOMINATION 20 FEEDBACK

Post by Keegan »

https://www.global-wrestling.com/2024/0 ... nation-20/

As always, any and all feedback is welcome, but if you're short on time, here are some prompts:

Match of the night:
Segment of the night:
Feud of the night:
Line of the night:

Thanks very much in advance.
pdbnb

Re: DOMINATION 20 FEEDBACK

Post by pdbnb »

THE BATTLE DELAYED: Fantastically written, succinct and to the point. It sets up a situation with no additional faff or fluff - something I wish I could do. Sometimes, it is all it takes.

VANISHING POINT: New characters...intriguing...´

A REAL SET OF CHAMPIONS: They. Are. Such. DICKS. How DARE they?! How DARE they pull this stunt? Ugh! With that said, they are absolutely right, which makes it all the more infuriating.

THE FUTURE OF THE TAG TEAM DIVISION: Teagan says 'real nearfall. Cry me a river.' Good to see these guys leaning a little further heel (BOTH of them, Hector!) and now I want someone to come along and do what my girls couldn't. Or, these guys Guntherize the Tag Division. That would be cool too.

CONFLICT ESCALATION: A shitload of moving parts to this segment. Hopefully, I have managed to work them all into a cohesive unit.

THE WRIGHT MAN - 1: Calm down, Miranda, it's not about you. It's about...Hank Wright? WHY?! Great writing, though, give or take a few typos. Could do without the blurred lines insider terminology, but otherwise, lovely. Though, again...WHY?

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME: The BoB continue their PR tour, and nobody is buying it yet.

BEST OF UNITED BRITISH TEAMS: Hour 1 of WCW is over, and we get our first match. Short and sweet by design, putting over the BoB's newly found focus. Nobody may be buying a change in attitude, but the approach towards their career has definitely changed.

SURE: Darring continues to sound tired and world-weary, which considering what he's been going through, works really well, whether intentional or not. Either way, challenge accepted, and the PTA have bitten off more than they could chew - though, I thought this would be a handicap match...apparently not.

MEMORIES: All alone in the moonlig---oh no, wait, here's Reyn. Ooh, is there some good in Valorie yet? Another short but sweet segment whicb puts across a point without much fuss, and does it really well. Great work.

THE RUTHERFORD GUYS UNLEASHED: Why do I see Brock Lesnar mouthing 'big boy!' at the end of this? Anyway, clever incorporation of real life comments into a segment by one of the few guys on the roster who could make people cheer for the Xiang Dynasty (the other one gets namedropped here as well...and he wants Dream to know to 'get in line, pal'.)

SINCLAIR'S WALL: ...so we're back to chumping out The Wall? Okay...just know it will need rebuilding at some point. Anyway, emphatic victory for Niko - perhaps a little TOO emphatic. Action-wise, not much to speak of, so... 2.5/5 I guess?

ALFIE'S DREAM: GREAT matchup here...again. And it IS great, with frantic pacing and even-stevens booking which makes you believe in a miracle. It doesn't come, you knew it wouldn't, but it was still a really effective sleeper match. 3.5/5

WRIGHT MAN 2: STILL not about you, Randi. Anyway, this one is a little confusing for people without a frame of reference. I VAGUELY understand it, but would have liked more context.

A LAST OPPORTUNITY: Masked Bros are history. But at least Maniac has his job back. Good on him. This is still the most corporate thing I've read in a while - and HR at my work sent out an email only last week...

GALAXY BRAIN: Then the Grinch had an idea. An awful idea. The Grinch had a *wonderfully awful* idea.

TRUTH CONTROL: BOO THIS MAN.

THE THIRTEENTH TAROT: Uh...WOW? What a hype package and inner monologue segment rolled into one. History, emotion, it's all there. I can almost hear this segment. Go get 'em, Son!

MAIN EVENT: MALTA'S REYN: Uhhhhh...WOW?! I mean, at first this feels more like an Iron Man or Falls Count Anywhere match - a damn good one, mind you. But then it just escalates and escalates into a car crash you can't look away from. I literally could not stop reading. I was engrossed, invested and almost breathless as I saw these two trying to literally kill each other. And then the ending...holy shit. I was screaming for that not to be it...and then it was. Holy, holy, HOLY SHIT. Star-making performances for two men who didn't need them, and a match that not only deserved to be on PPV, but would have outshone some if not most that actually were. As it was, it became GLOBAL's equivalent of that one-hour Iron Man match on that one episode of RAW, and provided one of the best television Main Events in company history, probably even beating out the ladder match. Reyn was a little too OP at times here, but otherwise...say it with me...FIVE. STAR. MATCH. 5/5.

OVERALL THOUGHTS: A one-match show...but what a match. Everyone is KILLING it with segments, too, and overall, it was more than worth the wait. This is the GLOBAL standard, and many feds wish it was theirs.

PEDRO'S RATING: 8/10 (extra point added for that Main Event, because HOLY SHIT.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATCH OF THE NIGHT: ...uhhhhh...yeah.
SEGMENT OF THE NIGHT: The Thirteenth Tarot.
FEUD OF THE NIGHT: ...uhhhhh...yeah. Though, shout-out to PTA vs Darring building out of nowhere.
LINE OF THE NIGHT: The one about Santa, the Easter Bunny, and Truth being a liberal.
Legend

Post by Legend »

First, I apologize for the lack of effort during the last cycle I gave.  I didn't do many, if any, reviews.  I wasn't around much, and my feud partners carried out my participation and segments.   An unplanned surgery at the end of the year really changed my life and ate up any extra time I had.   I look forward to returning to my usual support and effort.  

THE BATTLE DELAYED:  We open with a tease.  It's a well-written tease.  I like a simple tease that leaves you wanting more.

VANISHING POINT: Much-needed new blood in Global.  Welcome, welcome ...

A TRUE SET OF CHAMPIONS:  I had fun writing this one; I admit PTA has been all over the map.  They are obviously easy to write - they are young, arrogant heels that no matter what happens, you can write as much BS as you can with them, and it works.  It was easier to go that extra venomous mile on myself with them - so that was fun, and I feel like maybe I am hitting the next level with them, be it - just timing with my motivation and effort returning or just the development of the characters.

FUTURE OF THE TAG DIVISION:  I couldn't fully get into the last cycle and embrace this new team last cycle due to my lack of time, but I like where this has started with the champions this cycle.  Looking forward to seeing where they lead the tag division.  Who will step up to face them?

CONFLICT ESCALATION: There is a lot to unwrap in this one; it will take another read to pick everything out of it that was aimed at the reader.    There are many moving parts to digest, and an epic rant at the end sets up a future match.  I am intrigued where this story will take us and the passion from Angel.

THE WRIGHT MAN - 1: There are some seeds in there. We don't know the answers yet, but I expect this to continue to get some water and build into something.   I love long-term stories, so I can't wait to see where this goes.

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME: Every time the British gain momentum, they take a few steps back!  

THE BEST OF BRITISH V TEAM UNITED: Finally, a match; it was a segment-heavy start to the show, and it felt like an old-school tag team match.  I was watching Regal and Dave Taylor, representing England for the win.

SURE: Darring has had his ups and downs to write.  He has had lots of time with the belt, he has been the face of the company in many high profile wars.  He has taken beatings, and now, he has to listen to the barking yap dogs' PTA.   He is a little tired and sarcastic, but don't count him out just yet.

MEMORIES: A motivated Reyn would be good for us all.  He has had some high spots and good material in Global, but my favorite Reyn was in SCW still when he was a beast.   Hopefully, we get to see that Reyn return.

THE RUTHERFORD GUYS UNLEASHED:  Some fun hype that sets a match up against the dreaded - GREAT WALL!

NIKOLAI SINCLAIR V THE GREAT WALL: It could have been a little longer, but it did its job for the message and story.  The wall starts as expected, with some power moves inflicting damage, but Sinclair gets the better of the big man and takes the victory, giving him a great win!

ALFIE BUTTON V DANIEL DREAM:  We go into Segment Heaven early on to back-to-back matches.  I can dig that, and old friend Alfie is back to face Dream.  This was a bit of a longer match as it should be, it's funny to think at one time this could have been a potential PPV Main Event!   Dream with a win for America, beating that Englishman!

THE WRIGHT MAN - 2: Yay, more seed planting.  I dig, I dig.  I can't wait to see where this journey is taking us.

A LAST OPPORTUNITY: My last attempt to bring the masked man to Global inside a new tag team didn't work.  I couldn't find a voice, so I am trying again with a new challenge.   We'll see how it goes with this attempt.

GALAXY BRAIN:  Truth has really grown into quite the heel since the start of his journey. Pedro deserves all the kudos in the world for developing this character.   He is a top player in Global and a must-read right now.  Kudos all around.

INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - HANDICAP MATCH: JOHN J. TRUTH (C) V BORDER CONTROL:  We have a TEST of our true hero!   It's a trap, and of course, the gullible Alfie fell for it, but Crusader X for shame, for shame!

THE THIRTEENTH TAROT:  These have their place in e-wrestling, and I have written my share - typically, they are good fodder, but Shae did about as good of a job with this as one could.  

MAIN EVENT - SUBMISSION MATCH: ALEX REYN V SON OF MALTA:  We have our main event.   Quite the main event, as I expected since Shae wrote it.   Great actions. Reyn is a killer again, and with the finish, I would assume this is RIP to Son of Malta.  A character that started with great promise survived as the gatekeeper for longer than he should have, and now his move did him in.  There isn't really any way to return from this, so let's raise a glass for a career well done for Malta ... and another raise to the return of a killer.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:

This was a quick and fun read.   We have lost a lot of key players and characters in Global, but I want to thank those who have stuck around and kept the fed going and continue to put forth the effort and fun for all of us to enjoy.   This fed still has a lot of juice left, and the storytelling each of you is putting out is a joy to read.   Reyn, Truth, Ruthford Guys, X, British bastards, and so many others are still putting out fun reading material, and if we can find a way to keep this going long enough, you never know - our fun can be contagious! :)
Handle: "The Legend" Sean Darring & Prime Time Athletes
pdbnb

DOMINATION 20 - HECTOR'S FEEDBACK

Post by pdbnb »

Post edited as redundant now.
Last edited by pdbnb on Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Dream

Post by Daniel Dream »

Match of the night: Alex Reyn vs Son of Malta

Segment of the night: Charity Begins At Home

Feud of the night: Alex Reyn vs Son of Malta

Line of The Night: "You cannot promote your business venture, ‘Masked Bros condoms,’ and its tagline – ‘Don’t forget to mask your little bro.'”"

The Battle Delayed: A nice opening segment setting up Son of Malta vs Alex Reyn

Vanishing Point: This is just the first segment to set up something me and Pedro have been working on.

A True Set Of Champions: The Prime Time Athletes challenge Sean Darring. Also they want to go after the GLOBAL Tag Team Championships, which probably means The Prime Time Athletes vs The Rutherford Guys. Allie is right, The Rutherford Guys do have something to say about that.

Future of The Tag Division: A segment by Jeff and I. I hope you like it. Re-reading it after the long break, I still think we did a good job for this promo.

Conflict Escalation: I'm looking forward to seeing what Trouble Roxx does after their championship reign. This was a good promo.

The Wright Man - 1: Seems like GLOBAL is getting a new signing.

Charity Begins At Home: I still like this gimmick that Best of British has of trying to change their public relations with PR stunts and charity. The promo leads right into the first match of the show.

The Best of British vs Team United: Kerry's commentary during that match really adds to it, just talking about their poise and finesse. Nigel gets tagged in after a big kick to the face to Ant Rushton by Rupert. Rupert's oversights almost cost The Best of British. Choking your opponent with the tag rope has to be one of the more creative ways to cheat I've seen a tag team use. A nice match and a win for The Best of British.

Sure: It seems that Sean Darring isn't backing down to The Prime Time Athletes if he's cleared for competition, not that anyone would expect him to back down.

Memories: Alex Reyn is such a sinister but interesting character.

The Rutherford Guys Unleashed: A nice segment that Jeff and I did. Jeff hard-carried in setting up the mystery opponent matches, he's really good at writing Rutherford so I just let him do his thing.

Nikolai Sinclair vs The Great Wall: A back-and-forth match ends in a dominant win for Nikolai Sinclair.

Alfie Button vs Daniel Dream: The little mind-games and taunting of "yes-man" by Alfie Button. I think this is one of the more underplayed rivalries between superstars in GLOBAL. Not for championships or attacks from behind or nothing, just two guys who want to be better than the other. A very good match and Daniel comes out the victor off The American Revolution. Another challenger for the GLOBAL Tag Team Championships appear.

The Wright Man - 2: Another good segment.

A Last Opportunity: A very fun segment.

Galaxy Brain: This is the kind of heel shenanigans that make John J. Truth so interesting.

International Championship - Handicap Match: John J. Truth (C) V Border Control: Not much of a match, more of a farce that Crusader X and Alfie Button put a stop to. I think Crusader X and Alfie Button vs John J. Truth and Border Control will be an interesting match which I'm sure this is going to lead to.

The Thirteenth Tarot: A nice recap segment.

Main Event - Submission Match: Alex Reyn V Son of Malta: Alex Reyn always seems like he's trying to kill people. Lol. This match reads more like a SAW trap with the glass and rubbing alcohol being used on Malta's open wounds. A very bloody match. Alex Reyn uses the Dream Catcher from Daniel Dream.