DOMINATION 19 FEEDBACK

Please post all your feedback for the shows here
Keegan

DOMINATION 19 FEEDBACK

Post by Keegan »

https://www.global-wrestling.com/2023/1 ... nation-19/

As always, any and all feedback is welcome, but if you're short on time, here are some prompts:

Match of the night:
Segment of the night:
Feud of the night:
Line of the night:

Thanks very much in advance.
Daniel Dream

Re: DOMINATION 19 FEEDBACK

Post by Daniel Dream »

Match of the night: Daniel Dream vs Son of Malta
Segment of the night: Bottom Feeders
Feud of the night: Angel vs Miranda Wright and S.I.MP
Line of the night: "Mommy ground you? Told you you been a bad boy, and you can’t kiss her ass for a week?"

Think Very Carefully..: Sean Darring vs Jerry David in a cage match. I'm excited to read that. Aaron Powell is back!

Operation Pr Stunned, Phase Four: the Big Reveal: The Best of British vs The Robinsons is also going to be an interesting match.

Winds of Change: "You still ain’t finish high school neither..." lol.

Bottom Feeders: Miranda Wright is the Tribal Chief. Also, I loved this segment. A perfect heel promo.

Darren Best vs Mr. Merchandise: A really nice match. Darren was aggressive and got a needed win.

The Final Test: Son of Malta vs Daniel Dream in the main event, I'm going to be excited when I read that.

What Truly Makes Us Rich: The Rich Family is such a weird team, I still don't know what to think about them since they're neither real heels or babyfaces. But I liked this segment, I liked that it showed them like a true family. I think that makes them stand out a bit.

Locker Room Talk: Miranda Wright once again being an amazing heel and the banter (or locker room talk) by the Sniveling Idoitic Maggot Patrol is just great, it’s building a lot of their characters just by them having a shared experience.

LA Express vs Steve Dann and Flanagan: A very good tag team match. LA Express had the speed advantage and employed good tactics to take down Steve Dann but the power advantage of Steve Dann and Flanagan was too much. I wonder if they'll be the next rising tag team.

How To Lose A Match In Ten Days: John J. Truth with a great heel promo.

Team United vs Chett Marx and The Salamanders: A really nice tag team match. I liked this a lot. I wasn't expecting much from Team United or Chett Marx but Team United had a great performance, Chett Marx held his own with cheating and did his trash talk, but The Salamanders stole the match in more than one way with the poison gas.

A Message for the Number One Contender: Sean Darring is locked in. I love this laser focus.

That's What You Think: I love Valorie and Darren Best's banter. I think Valorie is also one of those potential breakout stars.

More Than Words: Trouble Roxx has some words for the champions. But it's going to be more than words sooner or later.

Angel Ramirez vs Joe Public: Attacking Angel with steel chairs and pipes? Oooh. Stooping low. (I got the Carlito reference.) Miranda is a sadist. I think she's a star.

A Miracle: The Prime Time Athletes accept The Rich Family's challenge.

The Powdered Masses: I was wondering when we'd see Doritos Man.

Happy Holidays, You Bastard: A nice promo by Angel.

Future of the Company: I hope you like my segment with Jeff.

Daniel Dream vs Son of Malta: What can I say? This was an awesome match. Both men looked extremely strong in this. I’m very happy with the ending. This match was more than just a win on a win-loss record, or the winner’s bonus, this was about pride. But sometimes there’s something more that you gotta swallow your pride. This was definitely Daniel definitely swallowing his pride, but Son of Malta definitely looks like a star. This match could have gone different if Daniel didn’t have a match at Last Laugh, but I’m looking forward to seeing a rematch in the future.

GLOBAL Championship signing: Jerry does some heel stuff and it’s a nice contract signing segment.
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Thanks very much for the feedback, Hector. GREATLY appreciated.

The same goes to Courtney and Shae for recent shows, too. Thank you, guys.
pdbnb

Post by pdbnb »

THINK VERY CAREFULLY: A very old-school segment, like you would see from Jack Tunney telling you The Undertaker has been suspended, or whatever. In fact, I half-expected it to be about Truth getting suspended further, or something. But instead, our Main Event is set up, to take place inside a steel cage. Get hype, guys.

OPERATION PR STUNNED: Comes to fruition, as another match is set for the PPV.

WINDS OF CHANGE: That same newly added match, viewed from the other side.

BOTTOM FEEDERS: Please, Miranda, don't hurt 'em. Seriously, my heels scare me some times with how much bile they are capable of producing.

BEST MERCH III - THE REVENGE: Rubber match for a tied series, with Best desperately needing a win to keep whatever cred he still has left. Alfie's on commentary, looking worse for wear, and Merch's enforcers are barred from the building - now if only someone would do that for Border Control as well, hint hint. Powell is officially back, hooray! What follows is a surprisingly really good little match, with lots of reversals and exciting nearfalls, with the right result, and a segue onto Best's next feud thrown in for good measure. This mini-feud has been better than it had any right to be, and concluded with a decidedly above-average TV match here, as well as a good pace-setting opener for the show. 3.5/5

THE FINAL TEST: ...and it's Daniel Dream. I'm actually intrigued as to whether one half of the Tag Team Champions and Top 3 in the company in terms of overall prowess will do the job for Son of Malta. Normally, the 'singles guy faces tag guy' trope would mandate as much, but this is DANIEL DREAM. Colour me hype. Also, another match stipulation gets set for the PPV.

WHAT MAKES US TRULY RICH...: The Riches have officially become The Harts, as we are introduced to the entire rest of the Family. Also, there's about to be a whole mess of entrances with no music on this show. With that said, fantastic to see Freddie back at long last - the PTA will have to retire the dummy now... And then he and his Dad cut the best non-PTA promo of this feud, possibly the best overall, period. This feud was a VERY slow burner, but it really did hit its stride in the end. Great job, Keegan.

LOCKER ROOM TALK: I wanted a chance to show the boys interacting away from Miranda. They still want a 'proper' name. And then, of course, Sarge comes in, and the sausagefest has to fall in line.

SIMP EXPRESS: This will probably surprise a lot of people. The last match I wrote, but I always knew it would be short and relatively straightforward, and what the story of the match will be. All hail #OnePunchDann!

HOW TO LOSE A MATCH: More of a storyline promo for JJ this time, but he surprised even me by making some actual points for the second week in a row. Out of all my characters, I will say he is now the one furthest from not only his starting point, but his intended role and progression within the fed. Curious to see how Crusader X will react to this.

UNITED FORCE: Much like how the previous match was meant to be a straightforward enhancement match, this one was always meant to be a decent-to-good back and forth affair. I hope I have accomplished that goal. Also could not resist taking advantage of GLOBAL's format for Mask Force's entrance...

A MESSAGE FOR THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER: ...except there isn't one. Darring is unusually low on composure here, which is understandable and fits the story to a T. Even without a promo, Brian still writes a mean segment.

THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK: Val the Bully marches on, and is a bitch to Best for no reason. We've all been there, guy. Also, the first match for S2A2 has been set.

MORE THAN WORDS: Trouble Roxx are growing - in more ways than one. In the end, though, they are still themselves.

PUBLIC ANGEL: I was initially going to write a short match, but then I realised...this is ABSOLUTELY what would happen if this aired on a real show. So, there you go. Further fuel for this fire.

A MIRACLE: PTA hold The Bro hostage as they respond to The Rich Family in their usual dickish way. Big old whiff of MJF and Adam Cole here, or Miz and Morrison. A great promo, though for the first time, Brian comes up second in the promo battle for this feud. Also, why didn't The Bro say he 'hated those guys, bro'? Missed opportunity right there...

THE POWDERED MASSES: Doritos' voodooing of JD's life comes to a head. This should have been Doritos' purpose all along, instead of all the time travelling and running man malarkey. Fantastic atmospheric segment.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, YOU BASTARD: Alternate music-reference title, 'With A Little Help From My Friends'. Anyway, this is what all of the segments about this feud since the last show have been leading up to. So there you go, yet another match is set for the PPV.

FUTURE OF THE COMPANY: Part promo, part recap package. Does well to set up the main event and sell the dangerous nature of Niko Sinclair.

MALTA DREAM: Son of Malta weighs 11kgs? Is he a toddler, or a medium-sized dog? This should be easy for Dream, if he's fighting a two-year-old... Jokes aside...um, WOW? WHAT A MATCH!?!?!?! WHY WASN'T THIS ON PPV? Screw Reyn, I DO want these two to fight forever!! Like Mark, my heart was in my mouth. I could not stop reading. I could not look away. The pace starts off manic and never lets up, there are stories told, incredible action, superhuman nearfalls...I mean...just...wow? I thought I wrote good matches, but this is something else. I could nitpick that this should have been no-DQ/no-countout to prevent the hacky 'Reyn stops the countout' moment (the only bit I did not like), but even that made sense with the story told. Other than that, absolutely a top 3 match in GLOBAL history, currently rubbing elbows with the ladder match and the GLORY title match. Say it with me now... FIVE. STAR. MATCH. 5/5

CONTRACT SIGNING: Uh...OK, if Truth gets suspended for words, JD has to get suspended here, surely? Holy brutality, Batman! I did buy into JD's inner conflict, and I did wonder if it was Doritos speaking through him...and then I got swerved. And the contract is signed, so they can't even take JD's opportunity away, even though they should. Masterful.

--------------------------------------------------------------

MATCH OF THE NIGHT: A-d'oyyyy.
SEGMENT OF THE NIGHT: It WAS going to be the Riches, until the contract signing came along.
FEUD OF THE NIGHT: Again, it WAS going to be The Riches, until the contract signing came along.
LINE OF THE NIGHT: Jerry David growling that he is GOOD at hurting people. Not a clever turn of phrase or anything, it just adds to the moment perfectly. Runner-up: 'My heart was in my mouth!' (Mark the Mark)

OVERALL THOUGHTS: As has been the norm this cycle, fantastic segment work all throughout. Our most focused go-home show, mainly because the feuds have been growing throughout the arc, rather than everybody trying to sell them at the last minute. The stakes are clear for every match, and hype has been adequately dredged up. A bit of a one-match show, but that match is SO GOOD, it ends up not mattering. Backup matches are also solid enough to carry this to an above-average ranking within the season.

PEDRO'S RANKING: 8/10, with an extra half-point to full point added for THAT main-event.