Please post all your feedback for the shows here
pdbnb

Re: Domination 11 - Feedback Thread

Post by pdbnb »

What he said.
Alex Reyn

Post by Alex Reyn »

Fixed the link access. They're all viewable now.
pdbnb

Post by pdbnb »

Addressing my own stuff here:

- Truth did not hit Evelyn because, deep down, all he wants is what they used to have, when they were together and had a nice house and three cars and a dog and a kid, and he was happy. I also felt like he should not get away with destruction of property.

- I think Team United are meant to be interchangeable on purpose - so much so that even I got confused with who was who xD As for Roxx, point taken. I've been trying to set them up as Teagan being the talkative one with kick-based offence, and Izzy the quiet one with high-flying offence. I'll lean into it further in future. As for Border Control, the angle about them being mistaken for each other is because I ACTUALLY DID THAT MYSELF. I thought Lincoln was the bigger one, and introduced him as such, but looking at their SCW app, Lincoln USED to be the other one. Oops. So that was a bit of meta humour. Also, Angel and Saul are NOT the best example to use, because OF COURSE you wouldn't confuse a quiet thirtysomething man with an ADHD blabbermouth teenage girl. Just saying. Metal Militia might have been a better example, except THEY are interchangeable on purpose (well, the two middle brothers anyway.)

- Dream's storyline...stay tuned. Let's just say it's Dream vs everyone right now. Last show, he was using Truth. This show, with Darring there, he is making it clear where his focus is, and that he does not care about anyone but Darring. Also, everyone in the angle agreed neither Dream nor Darring should either pin or get pinned, and that Truth would potentially be the one to elevate here. So it wasn't just my decision. In fact, nothing in this match was, aside from the moves themselves.
Alex Reyn

Post by Alex Reyn »

pdbnb wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:11 am Addressing my own stuff here:

- Truth did not hit Evelyn because, deep down, all he wants is what they used to have, when they were together and had a nice house and three cars and a dog and a kid, and he was happy. I also felt like he should not get away with destruction of property.
Interesting to know with your choice. An angle I didn't considere. Like I said, I was torn with the directino it should have gone, so I don't consider either outcome bad choice. Just wasn't sure which I personally preferred.

As I said about Truth's come-uppance, I understand, but I still feel you could have drawn it out a bit longer. Let that heat Simmer.
pdbnb wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:11 am Addressing my own stuff here:

- I think Team United are meant to be interchangeable on purpose - so much so that even I got confused with who was who xD As for Roxx, point taken. I've been trying to set them up as Teagan being the talkative one with kick-based offence, and Izzy the quiet one with high-flying offence. I'll lean into it further in future. As for Border Control, the angle about them being mistaken for each other is because I ACTUALLY DID THAT MYSELF. I thought Lincoln was the bigger one, and introduced him as such, but looking at their SCW app, Lincoln USED to be the other one. Oops. So that was a bit of meta humour. Also, Angel and Saul are NOT the best example to use, because OF COURSE you wouldn't confuse a quiet thirtysomething man with an ADHD blabbermouth teenage girl. Just saying. Metal Militia might have been a better example, except THEY are interchangeable on purpose (well, the two middle brothers anyway.)
No, Angel Corps are a good example BECAUSE you wrote them to be very distinct from each other. That's my point. They're a team who's members you can easily tell apart. I was praising you for that.

But you've been making far too many teams who's members blur together, and I caution against that.
pdbnb wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:11 am - Dream's storyline...stay tuned. Let's just say it's Dream vs everyone right now. Last show, he was using Truth. This show, with Darring there, he is making it clear where his focus is, and that he does not care about anyone but Darring. Also, everyone in the angle agreed neither Dream nor Darring should either pin or get pinned, and that Truth would potentially be the one to elevate here. So it wasn't just my decision. In fact, nothing in this match was, aside from the moves themselves.
Not sure why you're including that in adressing your own stuff then if you weren't responsible for the stuff I had issue with.

I never said who I thought responsible for the decision, I just said I isagreed with it. And whether that was you, or Keegan, or Hector, or Bell or an entire comittee who made that decision, it was the decision itself that I contest, not any particular person.
Jerry David
Site Admin

Post by Jerry David »

I won’t be listening. I don’t have the time to listen to audio clips unless I’m typing them out for money lol.
pdbnb

Post by pdbnb »

Jerry David wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:44 pm I won’t be listening. I don’t have the time to listen to audio clips unless I’m typing them out for money lol.
...so you don't listen to podcasts?
Jerry David
Site Admin

Post by Jerry David »

No.
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

10 and 11 are the shortest shows I can think of since Domination 2, though I see a pattern developing through this arc, which has its pros and cons. In the meantime, let’s crack on…

AMERICAN HISTORY X: Admittedly, this was an awesome opening segment where Truth and Crusader X rocked it, and the attitude on Darring here – you go, lad. A pleasure to read, I didn’t think this went too long at all, and was packed with quality. A well-coordinated effort, and a big thank you and well done from me. Fantastic.

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST: I guess this is why we’re in Seattle, then? Pedro had asked me to set a show to get a certain segment in, this is it, and it didn’t disappoint. Wow. What a dick Truth is, and I can see why these two segments flashed up as best of the night, one after another, and ANOTHER excellent showing for JJT. Heartbreaking for the family and major heel heat for the douche of a dad.

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER: Par for the course that these ladies make a grand entrance and work the crowd. An entertaining act and a match to follow that I thought was going to appear on the previous show…

OPENER: Served its purpose with a lively pace, filled with nice moves, and I know it’s not easy without a base, Pedro, so well done on the execution of a tricky match.

FACING REYN 1: I believe I named this series, taken from the books on Ali and Tyson, which I’ve read. I apologise that’s all I did, letting down Courtney and Shae in the process, so I’m sorry once again. Anyway, a good start-up segment and I really liked the last line and conclusion to the segment.

DRAW YOUR OWN DISGUSTING CONCLUSION: …ER…WHAT?!

BACK TO DOING PRIME-TIME THINGS: These segment titles! Again, a nice blend of humility, SELLING the defeat and the mental/physical scars of losing to The Riches at Gold Rush, BUT that attitude is still in there.

NEARLY MOB FODDER: A brilliant segment title, and the segment itself hooked me more in the one two beforehand, but let’s see where this goes. Well-written.

FACING REYN 2: A terrific building block, and a step-up from the first segment. Again, I am in debt, and thank you. A fine, fine piece, well-handled and written.

SWEATY BROS V THE SALAMANDERS: I know a bit about The Salamanders from Brian, and who they’re based on, so a nice surprise to see them here. Some of the commentary at the start is FABULOUS. My goodness. What a riot, as is the match, and Tony Sweat, even forgetting his condition, just makes me smile every time I read him in a match. He was a blast to write and read in SCW, and this was a fine start for them, though I wish we’d had a singles match in between the two tag team matches, but again, I apologise for not being around.

THE HELL WITH PATIENCE: I LOVED this segment. A superb build-up and great last line, reflected in the title, and it was great from start to finish.

REYN V VITALITY: Well, let’s call this out: The formatting was fucking horrible, for a start, which made it difficult to read. However, that aside, look at the effort made for entrances between Vitality’s match on 10 and here. Night and day.

Anyway, while I understand the notion that Valorie could’ve gone through Angel more quickly on the last show, and I was asked by Shae, I ultimately made the call for how long the match should go. This was a very, very good match, and we know it’s the beginning, not the end, and it had a fantastic and frantic pace that highlighted Valorie’s strengths and weaknesses with her ‘first real test at this level.’ It worked on that level, but my god, that was one of the hardest to read, which is a shame because it wasn’t difficult due to the action. This match should’ve also been put in a different spot. Again, easy to say for me, and it’s my fault.

AN INTERRUPTED CELEBRATION: Two FTK lines for the price of the one, and everyone shone in this segment. Tony Sweat is amazing, and Gemini was another major highlight in Arc 2.

THE DECISION: The Jester might be weirder than his handler…and that’s saying something. Spooky. I like it, though.

AIDS: …And, lo and behold, it gets even more bizarre. One of my favourite Doritos segments, so far, mind.

MAIN EVENT: Overall, I thought this was great and the MOTN overall in terms of everything, even if Reyn and Vitality had wonderful action. Plenty of great spots, commentary and well-written throughout, I know the finish had its critics and the storyline overall, which I’ll get into over the next few days when I review 12 and 13, but for now, I’m happy with Truth’s trajectory. I feel Dream and Darring should be more pointed towards one another, something I apologise for my end, but this was an enjoyable affair with plenty of action and interesting characters in the mix.

Some interesting questions raised in the commentary, and that’s probably how I would have ended the show, but I digress. Can’t complain after my screwup on 6. Yes, hands up on that one.

Pedro deserves praise for booking, organising and executing both this main event and the opening segment.

TRUTH AND CONSEQUENCES: A delightful title and a good segment to boot, which makes JJT look like a bad man and a madman.

OVERALL THOUGHTS: I agree with the intensity comments from Blair and Scott in their feedback. The top 2 matches here trumped 10, but overall, I feel 10 was stronger from top to bottom in that department. Meanwhile, the strongest segments here were definitely an improvement on the previous show, so pros and cons. I am sorry I did fuck all here, and I’m ashamed to admit that. My apologies, everyone, and thank you for what you did here in my absence, and what you’ve done for the fed from Day 1. I only hope I can repay you all in Season 2.

MOTN: The main event with a nod to Reyn v Vitality.

CHARACTER: Truth – again. Crusader X and Darring again in the discussion with Reyn just behind.

SEGMENT OF THE NIGHT: The first two, but I loved the comedy between Sweaty Bros and FTK, as well as Darring’s ‘The Hell With Patience.’ Really pleased with the segments here, guys.

FEUD OF THE NIGHT: I’ll go for Truth v Everyone.