Other
No votes

Total votes: 6

Jerry David
Site Admin

Best attitude era wrestler

Post by Jerry David »

Come on. Who’s the best?

If you think it’s someone not on the list, who?
Keegan

Re: Best attitude era wrestler

Post by Keegan »

Everyone in the WWE? And you say you're not a fan?

In the ring: Angle
But, the definitive Attitude Era wrestler has to be Austin or The Rock, so I don't disagree with your vote.
Amber Lee

Post by Amber Lee »

I voted the Undertaker but I feel he's one of the best of all times, not just the attitude era. For the attitude era I'd have to say the Rock or Stone Cold.
THEHopper

Post by THEHopper »

I voted Triple H......he took the ball with DX and made it better than when it started. He was consistently main eventing everything....and he worked many different sizes of opponents.

I think the best pure wrestler in the group is HBK or Angle, but HBK spent most of the Attitude era injured after kicking it off. Austin and others got hurt and didn't last long enough....

Triple H and Undertaker are the only 2 viable choices and Undertaker was never strong enough to literally bury everyone toward the end of that era the way Triple H did
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Yes, for me, it's between Angle and HBK in ring, but Shawn was on the way out as the Attitude Era was kicking in. And while I can't say Triple H wasn't a big part of the product at the time, he became 'the man' in the Ruthless Aggression time with Austin and Rock gone. I feel both members of D-X were largely responsible for the Attitude Era, but didn't necessarily enjoy their primes in it, even if Hunter had a terrific 99.

The Undertaker crosses through so many eras, it's ridiculous and testament to the man.
Alex Reyn

Post by Alex Reyn »

While Foley is a prsonal favourite, I have to give the W to Triple H. Not only did he really step up as a top level villain, but he honestly might have been the most consistently good worker in the company at the time with great to excellent matches against The Rock, Austin, 'Taker, Foley, Angle ect.

We also seen him at the top of his Main Event Heel game before the Ruthless Agression era took that too far.
Alex Reyn

Post by Alex Reyn »

Keegan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:59 am Yes, for me, it's between Angle and HBK in ring, but Shawn was on the way out as the Attitude Era was kicking in. And while I can't say Triple H wasn't a big part of the product at the time, he became 'the man' in the Ruthless Aggression time with Austin and Rock gone. I feel both members of D-X were largely responsible for the Attitude Era, but didn't necessarily enjoy their primes in it, even if Hunter had a terrific 99.

The Undertaker crosses through so many eras, it's ridiculous and testament to the man.
Triple H first became a Top Heel during 99-2000 (Especially 2000), which is still considered "Attitude"

As I said, I feel his run as top heel in 2000 was him at his best with him becoming OVERpushed during Ruthless Agression
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

And I said he had a terrific 1999. But, it was never his era.
Legend

Post by Legend »

Tough question... Best can be looked at in many different ways. I ended up voting for The Rock because I am not sure anyone can argue against his popularity and impact, and he was good to great inside the ring for his role.
Handle: "The Legend" Sean Darring & Prime Time Athletes
Davey-Boy O'Brien

Post by Davey-Boy O'Brien »

I voted Stone Cold Steve Austin because he was the Attitude Era personified for me personally and for many that I knew who were wrestling fans at the time. The Rock played a massive part as well, but Stone Cold edges him out, I'd say. If we were actually looking at the best wrestler out of all of these men though, Kurt Angle big time.