GOLD RUSH - Feedback Thread

Please post all your feedback for the shows here
Legend

Re: GOLD RUSH - Feedback Thread

Post by Legend »

Jerry David wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:52 pm
Legend wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:23 pmThe immediate reaction is the music is 100% an upgrade to Opus!
Damn! I was sure you'd hate it!
I didn't say it was great. I said it was 100% better than Opus's song. :lol:
Handle: "The Legend" Sean Darring & Prime Time Athletes
Alex Reyn

Post by Alex Reyn »

Scott to Brian:

THEHopper

Post by THEHopper »

I have read the show.....I just have no time. :(

I hate not doing full feedback, but want to make sure I get something before I get going to do stuff today.

BEST MATCH: Main Event

For pure brutality and emotion, Rah and David takes that cake, but for overall "match" feel I go with the main event. Brian did a great job with it and sold Aleczander even though we knew how the result would go.

BEST SEGMENT: Right on the Button.

Crusader X has truly grown on me in the latter half of this arc.

BEST ANGLE: Rah/David angle ending

I can't vote for myself in this, so I have to give it to the best angle that fully paid off

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT: Myself. For the first time in a LONG time I screwed up and missed a deadline with a match due to work and stuff suddenly flashing up. Heck, I even disappointed myself with having to do short feedback

Ready for next arc and hope we are all ready to go
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Thanks, Chris.

Let's see some more go up, please.
Alex Reyn

Post by Alex Reyn »

BEST MATCH: EZ Rah vs. Jerry David. It was the goldilocks blend of the constant action of their backstage brawl and the highspots of their LMS match. The use of the glass panes was genius (I'll elaborate on that in my recording), and it had the most hype and anticipation.

Honourable mentions: The Main event. Crusader X vs. Amber Lee.

BEST SEGMENT: I'm tempted to list something other than the Crusader X segments, but to paraphrase a wise man: "There is no value in being contrarian for contrarian's sake. Some things are obvious because they are RIGHT. if I had to pick a favourite though, I'm going with "The Truth Hurts" for how cutting it was. X is a great example of the villain with a point.

Honourable Mention: The Darring promo. In other news, sun bright.

BEST ANGLE: If we're talking best angle of the night, the Crusader/Aflie saga. If we're discussing which angle was the best of the arc, it's a tie between the ongoing Crusader X storyline, and the always delivering Rah/David feud.

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT: ne thing that consistently bugged me throughout the night was the writing of Mark Deltzer. Keegan has made it clear that NONE of the commentary is meant to be the Heel commentator. But I found Mark drifting a little too close to the heel aligment in several matches.
pdbnb

Post by pdbnb »

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT: ne thing that consistently bugged me throughout the night was the writing of Mark Deltzer. Keegan has made it clear that NONE of the commentary is meant to be the Heel commentator. But I found Mark drifting a little too close to the heel aligment in several matches.
For what it's worth, I write him like a troll, like the annoying know-it-all class clown who gets his kicks needling and annoying those around him.
He also, in my view, has a slightly more 'ends justify the means' approach than either of his colleagues, and a more 'shades of grey' worldview than Allie.
Legend

Post by Legend »

pdbnb wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:38 pm
For what it's worth, I write him like a troll, like the annoying know-it-all class clown who gets his kicks needling and annoying those around him.
He also, in my view, has a slightly more 'ends justify the means' approach than either of his colleagues and a more 'shades of grey' worldview than Allie.
I sometimes use him in that Devil's Advocate role because I need to get to point A to C in some banter, and he fills the role best. The Mark just seems easier to use in a place that may bring a fact about a heel, sympathize if needed, or something that could be said by a perceived heel commentator more so than Quinn and Allie. At least in my brain.
Handle: "The Legend" Sean Darring & Prime Time Athletes
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Good to see people going back and forth on that.

The truth is, they're all trolls at one point or another, but as Shae said, no one is really a heel commentator. In my commentary, I've had them all serve as cheerleaders for someone and gang up on each other, as well.